Sponsored

Pro charger chirp help!?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
installed kit month ago.kit had 3k miles on it. everything was great. no issues. after a few data loggin wot pulls i developed this annoying chirp sound. it sounds like its coming from the idler pulley by the blower pulley. im running a gates belt and 3.5 pulley. everything looks to be tracking smooth and even. if i spray water on belt it goes away for second but comes back. is this a belt issue,idler bearing,alignment?

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
This is a explanation for a chirp.

[ame]

The last time I had that sound on my F-150 5.0 it is was a pulley bearing though. I replaced the tensioner pulley and sound gone.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I had the most God awful whine/chirp after install, sounded just like yours. I replaced belts, pulleys, put a new alternator on it. Would come and go but mostly there. Then the PC tech on this forum asked me three questions. First asked me if i changed belts - check. Next asked if I had pulley on head unit correct. Long shoulder should be against the head unit pushing pulley out to its furthest possible point - check on that one also. Next he asked if I installed the spacer between the drive pulley and head unit - not check - didn't know what he was talking about. There was nothing in the install instructions talking about it and it was not on the parts break down manual I had on it either. I found out that there is suppose to be a .135" spacer that I was missing. PC offered to hook me up but I was in a hurry. Went to local farm fleet store and bought a washer .110" thick, installed between the head unit and pulley and wah-laa all quiet forever. Might check that out.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Oh the famous spacer again most probably as I stated in my PMs.

Either the pulley is flipped or the spacer is gone.

In my case the spacer never shipped from PC.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
spacer does appear to be there and appears to be inline with the idler

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
spacer does appear to be there and appears to be inline with the idler
Did you take the pulley off to check for the spacer? The pulley has a collar, then the spacer, then the collar of the shaft.
Sponsored