2016 GT Convertible
Yea. Gone a little far the other way.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So reading this thread gives me a lot of mixed feelings about things that kind of bother me.

I completely understand the circumstances and choices people make. As someone in the medical field, I see tragedies every day that are senseless.

But on the other hand, what kind of society are we truly living in?

I had a similar a conversation with a friend over a few beers. His main point of argument was that the world and its freedoms has flipped over on its head. This is with both race and sexuality. The world has taken it too far. Society has ransacked the normal.

He wasn’t happy with his job, so was decided he was going to pursue a new path. He chuckled at the opportunities flying his way! He said that every single place he interviewed was tripping over their feet get him. And this was a new field for him! Very little real experience for him. He doesn’t have the skill set nor experience. He thought it was going to be tough to land a job because of that. Instead, he explains there were companies offering him salary and title far beyond what he knew his worth to be. Said it didn’t matter though.

He explains it as such. Every single offer he received was from a company wanting to “even out their work force”. He provided the example of the NFL and the rules they have that it is mandatory they interview candidates of visible minorities. He smiled and laughed and said it really doesn’t matter anymore who is the BEST person for the job; it’s the person with the most visible minority that will get the job. Companies have to even out their diversity so that it “looks good”.

I just shook my head... he ended up taking the highest paying position that he knows the least about. He admitted he has no clue about what he’s doing but he feels he will learn on the job.

His “saving grace” as he told me, he is a gay middle-aged man of colour! Who in their right mind wouldn’t hire him? Skill set be damned. He checks all the boxes as far as minorities that companies can’t find enough.

He likes to tease me about that when we get together. His go to line... I’ve got that “it factor” man.

Perhaps off topic, but not really...
That is a fantastic story... or should I say fantastical... or plain fantasy.

I've read this story several times over the years... same story line. Always from the most conservative posters... with their "colour" friends (really man of colour?). Stories are written like this to get past the mods and bring "credence" to their posts.

The story is obviously made up.... first, I've been in hiring since the 90s. It is all automated now, unless you are applying at a local 7/11 or grocery store. The people who don't meet the basic qualifications/skill set/experience are rejected immediately. And the computers are getting good... last month we received resumes and I'd hire anyone in that group.

Second, how would the hiring committee know your "friend" of "colour" is gay? I've done a lot of interviewing and I never knew. Bottom line, you don't spend enough time with candidates to know if they are gay or not.

The NFL is interesting. I guess you have not looked into that much. It is about opportunity. Basically people hire people who look/act like them. So if you are asian and three people arrive at an interview... all are exactly same except one is black, one white, and one asian... you will probably hire the asian. NFL rules looks to combat that... especially after several less qualified white people received jobs over more qualified black candidates over the years.

Your comment about hiring the most qualified candidate is laughable at best. You are suggesting minority candidates are less qualified because they were hired. Go figure. Same tired old racist trope.

It is like FreePenguin mentioning Target.... but target was going after management roles, not the type of people he mentioned in his post. But he always has fantastic racial stories. Always bring up how minorities had done "x" to him or his family. His Walmart comments are always spectacular. He waited and watched someone buy stuff? Creepy, if it were true. But it fits his "story". Walking out with boxes and can't fire them? Ha ha... Really? Never known a black person who couldn't be fired. Stealing black person would be locked up and replaced within 48 hours.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

I've read this story several times over the years... same story line. Always from the most conservative posters... with their "colour" friends (really man of colour?). Stories are written like this to get past the mods and bring "credence" to their posts.

The story is obviously made up.... first, I've been in hiring since the 90s. It is all automated now, unless you are applying at a local 7/11 or grocery store. The people who don't meet the basic qualifications/skill set/experience are rejected immediately. And the computers are getting good... last month we received resumes and I'd hire anyone in that group.

Second, how would the hiring committee know your "friend" of "colour" is gay? I've done a lot of interviewing and I never knew. Bottom line, you don't spend enough time with candidates to know if they are gay or not.

The NFL is interesting. I guess you have not looked into that much. It is about opportunity. Basically people hire people who look/act like them. So if you are asian and three people arrive at an interview... all are exactly same except one is black, one white, and one asian... you will probably hire the asian. NFL rules looks to combat that... especially after several less qualified white people received jobs over more qualified black candidates over the years.

Your comment about hiring the most qualified candidate is laughable at best. You are suggesting minority candidates are less qualified because they were hired. Go figure. Same tired old racist trope.

It is like FreePenguin mentioning Target.... but target was going after management roles, not the type of people he mentioned in his post. But he always has fantastic racial stories. Always bring up how minorities had done "x" to him or his family. His Walmart comments are always spectacular. He waited and watched someone buy stuff? Creepy, if it were true. But it fits his "story". Walking out with boxes and can't fire them? Ha ha... Really? Never known a black person who couldn't be fired. Stealing black person would be locked up and replaced within 48 hours.
I have no idea who you are or why you would make those comments.

However, 100% completely true. You can't make that stuff up. Nor why would I? I voiced MY OWN experience with things. Your mileage may vary. But, yes; he is a gay coloured man - would you have preferred if I said gay black man? I apologize if that offend anyone here. Not my intent but rather jtmat's. Not sure what your angle is, but I will not stoop to your level and call BS for everything you have written. I have nothing to gain or to lose by posting my own personal experience and the experience by my friend. You're obviously not in touch with current reality. Not once did I say he that minorities are not qualified. The NFL put those policies in place to combat minorities not getting coaching jobs. Perhaps you need the policy.

Point being made is exactly true. Perhaps not in your area of the world where every opportunity is who you know, not how you you could make our workforce more diverse.

It is clearly comical that you would have the audacity to reference me as racist! That's hilarious that you came to the conclusion that I said minorities are less qualified! In my friends case, he absolutely was less qualified than the others. He admitted as such. He DOES have the credentials, however has not worked in that field in 20 years. He was changing professions as I said. ANYONE applying for the same job would have more qualities and experience than he had.

Credence? Lol. So you've been hiring since the 90's... So... you haven't noticed any changes since then? No new policies? No new inclusion and diversity framework where you are employed? In the 90's, I was living and working in a professional capacity in Florida and experienced some of the the most intense racism you will see. Do not try to paint my story as anything racist!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg,_Florida_riots_of_1996

Again, all I can say this is a completely accurate account of what i've experienced. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to read it. You can feel it's BS if you want. You are entitled to your own opinion, as all of us are. You are entitled to your own sexual preferences and nuances without judgement. However, you ARE born with a skin colour not of your choosing that you and others must accept. You are born with sexual genetics you and others must accept.

As a society, we ALL need to be more tolerant of others and what THEY choose (or CANNOT CHOOSE). First question I always ask, would this PERSON help a little old lady cross a busy street? If the answer is yes, then they are a valuable member of society and deserve respect for the person THEY are.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I have no idea who you are or why you would make those comments.

However, 100% completely true. You can't make that stuff up. Nor why would I? I voiced MY OWN experience with things. Your mileage may vary. But, yes; he is a gay coloured man - would you have preferred if I said gay black man? I apologize if that offend anyone here. Not my intent but rather jtmat's. Not sure what your angle is, but I will not stoop to your level and call BS for everything you have written. I have nothing to gain or to lose by posting my own personal experience and the experience by my friend. You're obviously not in touch with current reality. Not once did I say he that minorities are not qualified. The NFL put those policies in place to combat minorities not getting coaching jobs. Perhaps you need the policy.

Point being made is exactly true. Perhaps not in your area of the world where every opportunity is who you know, not how you you could make our workforce more diverse.

It is clearly comical that you would have the audacity to reference me as racist! That's hilarious that you came to the conclusion that I said minorities are less qualified! In my friends case, he absolutely was less qualified than the others. He admitted as such. He DOES have the credentials, however has not worked in that field in 20 years. He was changing professions as I said. ANYONE applying for the same job would have more qualities and experience than he had.

Credence? Lol. So you've been hiring since the 90's... So... you haven't noticed any changes since then? No new policies? No new inclusion and diversity framework where you are employed? In the 90's, I was living and working in a professional capacity in Florida and experienced some of the the most intense racism you will see. Do not try to paint my story as anything racist!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg,_Florida_riots_of_1996

Again, all I can say this is a completely accurate account of what i've experienced. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to read it. You can feel it's BS if you want. You are entitled to your own opinion, as all of us are. You are entitled to your own sexual preferences and nuances without judgement. However, you ARE born with a skin colour not of your choosing that you and others must accept. You are born with sexual genetics you and others must accept.

As a society, we ALL need to be more tolerant of others and what THEY choose (or CANNOT CHOOSE). First question I always ask, would this PERSON help a little old lady cross a busy street? If the answer is yes, then they are a valuable member of society and deserve respect for the person THEY are.
I never referenced you as a racist. It can be ignorance to believe a racist trope or even call a black/African American man "coloured" in 2022. Maybe you are 90 and no one have told you "coloured" is so 50s or 60s... but you have black friends... I mean... yea.... ha ha ha...

I have hired a lot across multiple sectors. Just because someone has less time does not mean they are not qualified, depending on the job. Years ago we hired someone who had less time than someone else we interviewed. The other guy was sure to get the job, but he came across as self-centered. The other person came across as someone who would fit in as a valuable team member. My point is you don't know what the hiring authority was looking for when they hired. Period.

I've never had an issue far as hiring different people. I've went through the courses and realized I have a bias towards hiring military people (men or women). Other than that, I keep a fairly diverse team and don't have an issue with working with people from around the world. My first business hire in the early 2000s was a guy from India. Very diverse. The classes can help you realize what your bias might be.... as I mentioned earlier, people tend to hire people who are similar to them (right or wrong). Racist? No. Unintentional bias? Maybe.

Saying someone was hired because they were black AND gay is utterly ridiculous. You are at a gay bar having a beer with your gay coloured friend and he told you that. Right. Far Right...

The same story you told comes up on the internet time and time again... same exact flow (even with the NFL reference)... it is interesting. Yes, I call BS on your "story". Even brining race up in a "pride" thread is suspect. Nothing more I can post about that... definitely not responding to anymore of your non-sense.

And no, I wouldn't help the little old lady cross the street... if you are driving toward us. No need for her and I to get run over. :cool:

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I never referenced you as a racist. It can be ignorance to believe a racist trope or even call a black/African American man "coloured" in 2022. Maybe you are 90 and no one have told you "coloured" is so 50s or 60s... but you have black friends... I mean... yea.... ha ha ha...

I have hired a lot across multiple sectors. Just because someone has less time does not mean they are not qualified, depending on the job. Years ago we hired someone who had less time than someone else we interviewed. The other guy was sure to get the job, but he came across as self-centered. The other person came across as someone who would fit in as a valuable team member. My point is you don't know what the hiring authority was looking for when they hired. Period.

Saying someone was hired because they were black AND gay is utterly ridiculous. You are at a gay bar having a beer with your gay coloured friend and he told you that. Right. Far Right...

The same story you told comes up on the internet time and time again... same exact flow (even with the NFL reference)... it is interesting. Yes, I call BS on your "story". Even brining race up in a "pride" thread is suspect. Nothing more I can post about that... definitely not responding to anymore of your non-sense.
Once again you have made assertions that you truly have no clue about. And once again I will not stoop your ignorant attitude and level. You are most certainly entitled to your opinions and I will not comment BS on your pseudo observations.

As I originally stated, it maybe off topic to associate the two. I also explained the reasoning and justification between the two. I cannot and will not try to open your mind to be tolerant of others. You have shown your true core values.

You may have a point in how everyone should explain someone’s ethnicity. That too has changed greatly over the years.

Again you have made the assumption I was at a gay bar having this conversation. Actually a sports bar. But it matters not. The point simply remains, this is a 100% true conversation. Doubt it all you want. Again, your opinion.

I haven’t heard people talk about this in the past. At least I haven’t heard the numerous stories you have with the exact same references.

I do not know your profession or the type of business you are associated with. I can tell you that I have an immense amount of HR experience including hiring and performance management including termination. I completely understand the basis of knowing the type of person you are hiring. Unfortunately, it sounds like at the company you represent, there is already preconceived notions of people that you are interviewing.

I can also tell you that my friend freely admitted that he was hired for exactly those “qualities”. He chuckles still at increasing his employers diversity strategy in spades. He’s not wrong.

You ignored my my questions about changes you’ve seen since the 90s... unless you haven’t seen any; Which would be extremely difficult not to...

Anyhow, this is the end of my response to you. I have not the time nor inclination to (or desire) to change a closed mind.

I will ask that you are respectful to others, tolerant of their values and beliefs and more accepting of who they are as people.

Cheers

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

I live in a terrible area where all stores literally packed up and left because people literally walked in, stole giant big screen TV’s and walked out with them.

we have very few stores left and of course they are still getting looted in blind daylight.

But hey whatever. Think my area isn’t absolute trash, where I live it’s primarily black and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that so that’s naturally a large percentage of the employment, however the other stores outside of my area have absolutely changed the overall diversity and have gone way downhill. The crime here is unreal.

it’s not the stores fault, it’s just everything’s going down hill here in Dayton/trotwood (trotwood is absolute shithole)I hear gunshots every other night.

nothing can be done about it. There’s literally zero law enforcement. And that breeds crime.
Atleast people are working though.

i will eventually sell and move to a better area, but with house inflation I am not judging. It’s a terrible situation.

just google trotwood Ohio crime and see the stats.This was my 30
Seconds google find.

Little peace of heaven right? If you aren’t doing coke or robbing stores or mugging people, you don’t fit in here.

And these stats aren’t even updated where crime has absolutely exploded last 2 years.

187AD029-5DF9-4D0F-BFB6-57D905E572A0.png

160C3A70-720B-4468-8223-B82AC71FE15C.png

EFA1E84F-A48A-401E-A4C4-F5A57FE01F1B.png

E49A901F-BA58-4E09-AB44-C1442AFC6D86.png

B1E31DF3-EB1B-452E-B23C-3479FF5AA128.png

F1B08DBC-93CC-4BB6-B986-C9F7A509B107.png

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
And to your comment? Creepy for seeing chic roll up with full cart and only scanning couple items and checking out at same as me with my couple?

Fuck no. I am former Leo and if I see a sketchy situation I’m calling it out. If I’m wrong sorry lady, but why wouldn’t someone call out a suspicious act?

yes I get it, 99% of people say, not my problem. But yes, it’s everyone’s. Bad people need punished, and corrected, their behavior causes prices to go up for everyone else.

to call that creepy. You’re a loser for not saying you’d not say a damn thing if you witness suspected theft and ignore it

last year someone swiped my wallet out of my car, and immediately went to the damn shoe carnival and ran up a thousand dollar shoe bill. I gaurantee you the cashier knew the person wasn’t a Donald on the credit card

but hey, whatever. Crimes are cool, theft is cool, no one wants to confront or call out negative people anymore. I will do it every single time.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I live in a terrible area where all stores literally packed up and left because people literally walked in, stole giant big screen TV’s and walked out with them.

we have very few stores left and of course they are still getting looted in blind daylight.

But hey whatever. Think my area isn’t absolute trash, where I live it’s primarily black and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that so that’s naturally a large percentage of the employment, however the other stores outside of my area have absolutely changed the overall diversity and have gone way downhill. The crime here is unreal.

it’s not the stores fault, it’s just everything’s going down hill here in Dayton/trotwood (trotwood is absolute shithole)I hear gunshots every other night.

nothing can be done about it. There’s literally zero law enforcement. And that breeds crime.
Atleast people are working though.

i will eventually sell and move to a better area, but with house inflation I am not judging. It’s a terrible situation.
That is your fault. I told you to move years ago. Now mortgage rates are way up... and house prices are way up. You have not been happy for years now (at least that is how you sound).... life is too short.

Have to admit, I don't see what you write about when I go to Dayton, as I said before. Every place has "bad" areas, but I've not seen Dayton any worse or better than any other area I've visited.

I moved to VA last year once I saw my neighborhood going down.... plus VA has much better gun laws. Can't wait for 9:30 tomorrow morning! See what the SCOTUS will do...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could move.. work.. life.. family. I’m anchored for foreseeable future. But one day.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
March 14th.. what happens.?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am not gay, but I wish you gay guys should stay out of car forum.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am not gay, but I wish you gay guys should stay out of car forum.
I can understand wanting a topic to be within the guidelines of a forum. But not wanting people who stay on topic to stay away, not so much. This particular forum is for topics other than Mustangs.

And I'm just barely annoyed this thread of mine about the dangers of pride got hijacked with LGBTQ discussions.

We should all be more like David Huddleston:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
You started it with your Pride things.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You started it with your Pride things.
It's my thread and it had nothing to do with gay. Topic was pride and the stupidity of naming a month after a deadly sin. Only thing that bothered me is nobody laughed at my best gag of the whole thread:

Seven deadly sins: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.

Not a theologian, but assumed the church probably declared a month for Pride and each deadly sin so there could be 5 months with no deadly sin. Similar concept as some credit cards that only give rewards for certain things in certain months.

But I think the church should have made August pride month since pride goeth before the 'fall'.
Sponsored

Last edited: