Previous 10R80 car going to TH400 help.

Iron Indian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT (#PonyWarsMustang)
Ok gents I need some wiring help, I’m stuck. Doing a TH400 swap.

I have a 2019 Mustang GT original 10R80 car. Lund will be doing the tuning and from my understanding they pretty much put stick parameters in it and I’ll have to touch a paddle to start the car. Works for me.

How are you guys wiring the neutral safety switch off the aftermarket shifter? Besides messing with the starter excite wire is there another way? I would think the original shifter plug would have the wire I need?

Also, since this TH400 has to be shifted into N to back up, how do I get the camera to work? What wire do I need? I figured the camera could be tied in the trans brake button, just need to know what wire I need. Again, wondering if the original shifter plug has this wire I need.

I’ve searched on here, I haven’t been able to find what I need yet. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
There are a few guys that have information in the "builds" section that should help you.

OP
OP

Iron Indian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
There are a few guys that have information in the "builds" section that should help you.
I can’t find a “builds” section. Using the search bar found nothing so far

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Check @turnswrench he did a build on his 2018 which included a TH400. It’s a super long thread, but the info. you’re looking for is buried in there somewhere.
Hide and seek info is the best :)

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
First, get yerself the factory wiring diagrams. From there, just play follow the leader.

OP
OP

Iron Indian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
@turnswrench

thanks for the reply. I found what I needed on page 93 of you build, thanks for the info and nice build.

One thing I didn’t find and I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss it is wiring up the neutral safety switch to the aftermarket shifter. What did you do?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench

thanks for the reply. I found what I needed on page 93 of you build, thanks for the info and nice build.

One thing I didn’t find and I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss it is wiring up the neutral safety switch to the aftermarket shifter. What did you do?
The left steering wheel paddle was configured to act as neutral safety. Rob at PBD did it in the tune.
Sponsored