Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
With a properly engineered H-pipe paired to AWE's proprietary special sauce, the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Mustang GT unlocks a deep, rich, and sophisticated soundtrack without the rasp commonly associated with X-pipe configurations.

Listen to a Touring Edition Cat-back and Roushcharger-equipped GT below (pardon the fan and dyno noise!):

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
An overlooked, yet key pair of characteristic in achieving a deep, rich tone out of the Coyote is material quality and thickness.

All of AWE's exhausts are proudly handcrafted from locally-sourced T-304L stainless steel with a .065" wall thickness, rendering an exhaust that will provide that sought-after tone well beyond the lifetime of your vehicle.

DSC-4516.jpg

Learn more about the AWE Exhaust Suite for the S550 Mustang GT right this way, and subscribe to the AWE YouTube channel for more videos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Hey, everyone!

Our new pricing for the S550 Mustang GT Exhaust Suites are now more competitive than ever -- price drops of $200 on some configurations!

Click here for 2015-2017, and here for 2018+.

Artboard-4-copy.png

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Catback comparison with CJ Pony Parts: Touring Edition featuring drone-canceling 180 Technology vs Track Edition.

Both straight-through designs with no traditional-style mufflers. The Touring Edition can be as rowdy as the Track Edition, but without interior drone.

Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Hi Guys.

I have the AWE Touring cat-back on my '17 Mustang GT. When I bought my exhaust the quads weren’t available yet, but I couldn’t wait to get some better sound out of my car. Now I'm ready to rock the quad setup, but I can't figure out what set to buy, that will fit with this valance from Anderson Composites:
https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/products/2015-2017-mustang-carbon-fiber-diffuser

Also, can I just buy the quads as axle-back or do I need the full cat-back setup?

Best regards Lars

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi Guys.

I have the AWE Touring cat-back on my '17 Mustang GT. When I bought my exhaust the quads weren’t available yet, but I couldn’t wait to get some better sound out of my car. Now I'm ready to rock the quad setup, but I can't figure out what set to buy, that will fit with this valance from Anderson Composites:
https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/products/2015-2017-mustang-carbon-fiber-diffuser

Also, can I just buy the quads as axle-back or do I need the full cat-back setup?

Best regards Lars
Dudeeee.... I been thinking about this so hard for the last 4-5 months lol. I want to go quad tips also, but don't see how it will fit the AC rear diffuser and if the axle back will work. Then I thought, one of those paths works, how do I insert a cutout in the quads to make it active. The SwitchPath is great, but the sound difference is not drastic at all. I been wanting to buy the parts to figure it out, but the cost of it is pretty hefty and upwards or just getting a Roush active system. I love the AWE catback system, but really don't want to risk getting the quad AC rear diffuser and having to modify it to fit it. I'm just waiting on AWE to make something new or make something so us dual tips and convert to quad without buying an entire setup again.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Moot and Lars,

You can purchase the axlebacks to convert to quad. Now we have designed two different quad configurations, one to fit perfectly with genuine GT350 valances, and one to fit perfect for replica GT350 valances. The replica that we scanned and designed around was the MP Concepts valance.

Without fondling the AC variant for myself, and only looking at the link above, it think going with the configuration for genuine GT350 valances would work just fine. Again, I cannot confirm 100%.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Thanks Josh.

What is the difference between the two quad configurations? Is it how far outwards (sidewise) they sit compared to each other? Am I making any sense here?
As I live in a country where Mustangs are pretty rare, I can't just sell stuff that don't fit.
So I need to get it right the first time.
Sponsored