Sponsored

Prepping for head unit install this weekend... Couple questions

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I received my Scosche ITCFD05D and Pioneer DMH-1500NEX that I'll be installing this weekend. In preparation, I'm preparing the harnesses now and have a couple quick questions.

Speed pulse/VSS wire. The Scosche unit has a pink VSS wire, but the HU does not. I'm assuming it's because the unit I bought doesn't have nav or wireless Andorid Auto/CarPlay. So, can I simply cut the pink wire and leave it disconnected?

Bluetooth mic - where are you guys routing the Bluetooth mic? Or does the stock mic work? Have started pulling the dash apart, so not sure what the connection looks like.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, you just cut the pink wire and do not connect it. Most of the time after market headunits don't have a wire for speed as they get the speed from the GPS signal.
Regarding the bluetooth mic... you just attach it to the ceiling at the rear view mirror and route the cable to the A pillar on passenger side, then down to the glove box behind the A-pillar and from there behind the glove box to the opening for the headunit.