Sponsored

Premium Rear Bumper

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Hello All,

Wanted to find out if anyone with a Base GT has upgraded their rear bumper to a premium bumper in order to get the more aggressive diffuser/valence?
Seems like if you want to get other valences and or quad tip mufflers, you need to the very least have to have a premium bumper setup.
Obviously I know what the end result will look like but wanted to find out about the following if you have gone through this procedure:
- Price of new bumper/valence
- How much did it cost to get painted unless you somehow found one that was the same color as your car?
- Does the paint match your car?

I think I might Plasti Dip for now but would eventually like to upgrade to the premium bumper and maybe eventually the RTR Rear diffuser. I think that looks pretty aggressive and cool from the pics that I have seen.
Or possibly (if I have the cash) to upgrade to a quad tip diffuser with muffler setup.
No matter what I choose, I know I have to get the premium bumper to start things off.
Thanks
Jay
Sponsored

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
I've been interested in doing this from day one. Just not financially able to at this time. One day maybe. I was quoted by a body shop around $600 or so to paint a Ford OEM rear bumper that would be paint matched.

mccoy87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2007 V6, Mustang 2010 V6, Mustang 2015 V8
We are all in the same boat!

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Here is what I did to mine.
image.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Dan

Did you already have a Premium style bumper?

What addition did you add?

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
What I did was make four diffuser fins which fit into the diffuser channel or duct, and then added the two side trim diffusers, this was done on a non premium diffuser on a pp ecoboost, these parts are prototypes and I'm working with someone to make them in either abs, or Carbon fiber, this is still a work in progress so I do not have any idea as far as cost, I am hoping for some sample parts soon, so we shall see, sorry for the long wait guys.

bigb996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 89 wrangler Sahara
I got rear ended a couple weeks ago and had minor damage but bc the car is so new I am getting a new bumper out of it. I am upgrading to the premium from a base. The bumper was 300 from ford and the lower oem valance is about 110. To paint at the dealers body shop is running me around 500. It's basically around 950 for everything to swap from a base to a premium bumper. I did this so I could possibly sell my roush ab and swap to the quad tip setup

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I had a base bumper and bought the premium bumper so I could install the Roush valance.

I got the cover from my local dealership, Bob Moore, for the price Levittown quoted me but without shipping costs. They were able to get it in 2 days and sent it right to paint. I used my dealer's paint shop as well.

They guarantee the work and they are a VERY nice shop as they are Audi/Porsche certified.

I paid $400 for the paint and it is OEM flawless, matches perfect.

$275 IIRC for the bumper cover.
image.jpg
ca2.jpg

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Did you get rid of your sensors?
I don't see them on the second picture.

I got a cover with the sensor cutouts however I didn't want to do all the extra cutting involved, plus it's much cleaner IMO. I just left them installed in the new cover and unplugged.

I helped Sooner5.0 do his and we kept the sensors, adds quite a bit of time to the install.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Great minds think alike

what he did ^^^^^^^

but had the valance painted gloss black as well... thanks for the motivation
premium bumper_4.jpg
premium bumper_5.jpg
premium bumper_6.jpg
premium bumper_7.jpg

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
[MENTION=15709]hemistar1[/MENTION]

That's the first Roush valence I've seen painted gloss black.

I think it looks awesome!
Sponsored