Sponsored

PPF/Ceramic Coatings on Mach 1 Stripes...?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My PPF person used the brand Premium Shield. Looks like some real good stuff and he's tested a lot of different films including XPEL, Suntek, and a few others.

So it looks like only the FJG cars are able to have the matte piece adhere properly? Strange they'd use a rougher material for the other stickers.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Here is my girl, after full front PPF, whole ceramic treatment, and ceramic window tinting.
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic7.jpg
Pic9.jpg
Pic10.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Did they have any issue applying PPF on the front with the wheel lip moldings?
Mine was just cut alongside the molding with no issues.

Sponsored

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Getting mine done end of month finally. Sure is a game changer for black cars as shown above!

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Apologies for the thread bump, but how much did it cost you guys to have the full front, rockers, A pillars, and roof PPF'd? I was quoted at $2,700 by a local shop to do that and about $7k to do the entire car (yikes).

I'm questioning if it's worth it or if I should just skip it and have it ceramic coated/detailed more regularly.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Is it worth it? If you track the car often enough, yes you will need PPF. If occasionally only, there are much cheaper one-day alternatives that you peel off when you’re back from the track.

For non-track use, the argument is that PPF is cheaper than repainting your front/hood/a-pillars every X years. But then PPF has to be replaced every Y years. So I don’t find the cost argument compelling one way or another.

Ceramic coating is not an alternative to PPF. It just makes washing the car easier and brings a nice shine to it. You can apply ceramic coating on top of PPF.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Is it worth it? If you track the car often enough, yes you will need PPF. If occasionally only, there are much cheaper one-day alternatives that you peel off when you’re back from the track.

For non-track use, the argument is that PPF is cheaper than repainting your front/hood/a-pillars every X years. But then PPF has to be replaced every Y years. So I don’t find the cost argument compelling one way or another.

Ceramic coating is not an alternative to PPF. It just makes washing the car easier and brings a nice shine to it. You can apply ceramic coating on top of PPF.

Nope, don't really track it. Just a lot of highway and spirited driving. It will also be seeing wintry conditions, possibly a bit of salt too unfortunately (New England winters)

I know ceramic coating isn't an alternative to PPF, I'm just wondering if it would be more cost effective to stick to detailing it and have the paint touched up as damage eventually comes instead.

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Nope, don't really track it. Just a lot of highway and spirited driving. It will also be seeing wintry conditions, possibly a bit of salt too unfortunately (New England winters)

I know ceramic coating isn't an alternative to PPF, I'm just wondering if it would be more cost effective to stick to detailing it and have the paint touched up as damage eventually comes instead.
Salt has never damaged my paint. But it has eaten through my brakes a few times (sometimes in less than a week!). So if that’s the concern, washing and rinsing often is the solution. Get the salt off the pads and off the non-painted metal surfaces.

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
I have my car completely covered in Llumar Matte, However I got all the decals cut out so no PPF on it. I wanted the mix of matte to gloss to flat. My wife is the installer as this is what she does so it was really simple for her. I have the whole thing coated with Feynlab matte ceramic

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Bumper, Hood-cut around strips, fenders, rear quarters=$2000. So so job.

wile e coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A6 TDI Soon to be 2022 Mach 1
Front bumper cover and rocker panels (only) with Xpel and ceramic coat entire car... $2450 estimate in southern NH. Saw other customer vehicles in the shop, both in-process and completed, was impressed with the quality. They primarily deal with high end European models. However, I will be looking for more estimates soon.

On a side note, while there saw a Porsche GT2 RS drive by. 😍 The exhaust sounded heavenly! And, BTW, it was 62 deg in NH today, which is why I had the Mach 1 out. Shop manager said he was surprised the Porsche was on public roads. He knows the owner and also knows the car is track only. :rockon: I asked if the Porsche had PPF, he laughed and said of course not, adds weight.
Well my car is on its way and I have decided not to ceramic anything, using Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax on car and doing PPF on front bumper, headlights, mirrors and rockers. No hood as its going to be a problem on the decal. When the PPF needs to be replaced and yes it will need to in a few years, it will pull off the decal.. I have put this on cars before and just did my A6 Audi since its a 2014 and the PPF applied at dealer when purchased was now trashed and discolored. I am not going to be driving the Mach 1 every day , just on weekends and stored come winter.
Sponsored