nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I've searched the forums and can't find out for sure if the performance package level 2 cars have extended wheel studs or not. Anyone know if they do? I happened upon a thread about replacing the studs and someone made mention that they are longer than non PP2's. I bought some project 6gr wheels from a forum member and need to use a spacer and it makes me wonder if I need to shell out the $200 for ARP studs or do I have enough threads to allow a 10-15mm spacer?
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I've searched the forums and can't find out for sure if the performance package level 2 cars have extended wheel studs or not. Anyone know if they do? I happened upon a thread about replacing the studs and someone made mention that they are longer than non PP2's. I bought some project 6gr wheels from a forum member and need to use a spacer and it makes me wonder if I need to shell out the $200 for ARP studs or do I have enough threads to allow a 10-15mm spacer?
I would imagine they have slightly longer studs, since all mag ride cars have longer front studs. The rears about the same as other S550 mustangs. The fronts are about 1/4 longer than regular S550s.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I would imagine they have slightly longer studs, since all mag ride cars have longer front studs. The rears about the same as other S550 mustangs. The fronts are about 1/4 longer than regular S550s.
there is something that appears staggered front to back but I think it's in the wheel itself and not the studs
Pull them and measure twice :)
Adding spacers isn't my forte but I'd gander which lug nut you use is critical.

OP
OP
nameuser

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
there is something that appears staggered front to back but I think it's in the wheel itself and not the studs
Pull them and measure twice :)
Adding spacers isn't my forte but I'd gander which lug nut you use is critical.
Yeah the set of wheels I bought came with lug nuts that the owner used on his gt350r. Not working so well for me with the front wheels only. I'm off in the morning and might crawl around on the floor for a bit to see what the deal is. Rear nuts are fine but the tire is pinching the brake line and hitting the spring, hence the spacer.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Yeah the set of wheels I bought came with lug nuts that the owner used on his gt350r. Not working so well for me with the front wheels only. I'm off in the morning and might crawl around on the floor for a bit to see what the deal is. Rear nuts are fine but the tire is pinching the brake line and hitting the spring, hence the spacer.
Modding can be a beaaatch
Sponsored