PP2 Registry

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think the deck lid spoiler are the same.

Visually, the only way to tell a PP2 is :
1. tuning fork wheels that poke a bit.
2. From splitter extension
3. Black rear deck lid spoiler.
4. If you look closely, you could see magnaride suspension.
5. Is there a VIN code? not sure
6. Not sure if PP2 only has this but felt rear wheel well liners but this could be common across others to fit wheels.

Otherwise, you would not know.
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Spoilers are different. PP2 spoiler is slightly wider and a little different shaped compared to the standard spoiler. PP2 does share the same spoiler as the base Mach 1, just different colors. Standard spoilers are usually color matched to the car unless the car has the black appearance package, then the spoiler is black.

Doug

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for indulging my Glitch in the Matrix investigation, folks.

First car had a black rear spoiler for sure. That's what caught my eye on the first car, making me think it could be a PP2. It had the distinctive V8 sound, so definitely a GT.

On the second one, my eyes immediately went to the rear spoiler. Again, the car had a black decklid spoiler. It was a winding back road, and there wasn't much time to react. After it passed, I was trying to get a good look in my mirrors, looking for more indications of the PP2 package. For sure it had the V8 sound too. I didn't see the wheels from the side, but from the rear they appeared smaller than 305 width.

I did some image searching and yes, the 'plain' GT spoiler is similar enough to the PP2 that I could have easily confused them.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Even if they weren't PP2 cars, they were still both GTs with a black rear deck spoiler. Which means, unless one or both were modified, they both had the blackout package.

It's still an odd coincidence to see the "same" distinctive and relatively unique car ~10 minutes apart.

On that same outing, I also saw a fifth gen GT, dark blue with a whole bunch of stickers on the rear window, twice ~10 minutes apart. That added to my whole 'glitch in the matrix' vibe for the day.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
You couldn't get the blackout package on the PP2. So...........

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
A blackout package for the PP2? Seems ridiculous somehow, what's there to black out?
DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
A blackout package for the PP2? Seems ridiculous somehow, what's there to black out?
Same as any other Mustang with the black appearance package. Emblems, wheels, roof. The only thing the PP2 doesn't need is the black spoiler.

I kind of created my own black appearance package on my PP2. Removed the side chrome 5.0 emblems and replaced with black ones, swapped out the rear taillight panel with the Ford Performance version, so no more chrome GT emblem, and then black wheels. Have a black front pony but looks like I have to remove the bumper cover to swap it, saving that for another day. Last thing would have been the black roof, but don't want to paint it, may just go with a wrap to see if I would like it.

Doug

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Did they sound like a manual? PP2 only came with a manual. I also think the dash was done differently. I know mine is a brushed dark color. I read it somewhere what the differences were. Might be time to do a google search

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I found this is a Ford authority report on the discontinue of the PP2 in 2021

https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/f...ckage-2-discontinued-for-2021-model-year/amp/

Offered only in GT form with a six-speed manual transmission, the PP2 was packed with the following features and equipment:

• 19-inch x 10.5-inch front and 19-inch x 11-inch rear dark tarnish-painted aluminum wheels
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (summer only)
  • Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
  • Engine-spun aluminum instrument panel
  • Gauge Pack (vacuum and oil pressure)
  • High-performance front splitter
  • K-brace
  • Large radiator
  • MagneRide Damping System with track-inspired calibration
  • Strut tower brace
  • Unique rear spoiler
  • Unique track-inspired chassis, stability control, EPAS, and ABS tuning
  • Unique track-inspired springs and sway bar

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I found this is a Ford authority report on the discontinue of the PP2 in 2021

Offered only in GT form with a six-speed manual transmission, the PP2 was packed with the following features and equipment:

• 19-inch x 10.5-inch front and 19-inch x 11-inch rear dark tarnish-painted aluminum wheels
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (summer only)
  • Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
  • Engine-spun aluminum instrument panel
  • Gauge Pack (vacuum and oil pressure)
  • High-performance front splitter
  • K-brace
  • Large radiator
  • MagneRide Damping System with track-inspired calibration
  • Strut tower brace
  • Unique rear spoiler
  • Unique track-inspired chassis, stability control, EPAS, and ABS tuning
  • Unique track-inspired springs and sway bar
Woodstock, authority report amendment.
No K-Brace, 3.73 gear, of course, AE
IMG_0161.jpeg
This is a K-Brace

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Same as any other Mustang with the black appearance package. Emblems, wheels, roof. The only thing the PP2 doesn't need is the black spoiler.

I kind of created my own black appearance package on my PP2. Removed the side chrome 5.0 emblems and replaced with black ones, swapped out the rear taillight panel with the Ford Performance version, so no more chrome GT emblem, and then black wheels. Have a black front pony but looks like I have to remove the bumper cover to swap it, saving that for another day. Last thing would have been the black roof, but don't want to paint it, may just go with a wrap to see if I would like it.

Doug
I'm working on the same thing except eventually I plan to replace the front grill entirely then put the red howling coyote emblems front and rear. Like the Shelby emblems. Planning to get the GT350R steering wheel soon and GT350 shift knob. I like the idea of my kona blue car with black and red accents. Might eventually get red calipers as well.

FYI, I think you can remove/replace the pony emblem without pulling bumper cover. I saw it done this past weekend on a car before we went on a cruise. I should have watched closely since I have a black pony waiting to go on as well. Maybe there's a diy video out there??? I'm more concerned with swapping the 5.0 side badges since I have PPF on the whole front end.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Quite late to the party here, not sure how I missed this thread.

I got, likely one of the last PP2's built. It was on the lot for 2 days at Sunrise Ford Fontana when I took delivery mid November 2020. September '20 build. Currently sits with about 5800 miles.

I've mostly murdered out (as my son would say) this thing. Replacing the chrome-ish badges with black ones. All except the front grill pony. Bought a set of Mach 1 HP wheels that are noticably darker than the OE wheels. Currently running them now. I think I like the OE wheels better on the car.

Love everything this car comes equipped with. It may see a track at some point, but for now, it's a weekend warrior.

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2

Doug
I'm working on the same thing except eventually I plan to replace the front grill entirely then put the red howling coyote emblems front and rear. Like the Shelby emblems. Planning to get the GT350R steering wheel soon and GT350 shift knob. I like the idea of my kona blue car with black and red accents. Might eventually get red calipers as well.

FYI, I think you can remove/replace the pony emblem without pulling bumper cover. I saw it done this past weekend on a car before we went on a cruise. I should have watched closely since I have a black pony waiting to go on as well. Maybe there's a diy video out there??? I'm more concerned with swapping the 5.0 side badges since I have PPF on the whole front end.
Changing out the emblems was one of the first things I did. Looks way better in my opinion. For the pony in the grill I drilled a strategic hole for one of the pins, then I was able to get behind it with a pry tool. Came off pretty easy actually.

20220628_194942_001.jpg

20220628_195000_001.jpg

20220628_195012.jpg

20220628_195043.jpg

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
Woodstock, authority report amendment.
No K-Brace, 3.73 gear, of course, AE
IMG_0161.jpeg
This is a K-Brace
I believe the K-Brace that Ford is referring to is the "U" shaped brace that is ahead of your Steeda K-Brace. I don't believe the non PP cars have that.

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Surprised to see a PP2 with less miles than mine. Only about 9K on my 2019 but trying to put more on it. Though I have a 2-5 year plan to make it a semi-dedicated track car.
7980 on my 2019 pp2 tryin to keep it perfect
Sponsored