PP2 real life pictures

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Hi, can you share some pictures of your car. I have a PP2 in race red 2019 and I was thinking of getting lowering springs but I am afraid if it negatively impact the driving and performance. Also was thinking of getting 305/35 MP4S
If you are going to stick with the 35s I wouldn't lower it if you do any aggressive curve carving. I have a 19 PP2 with 305/35/19 nitto 555G2 and I can get the front ones to rub on my fender on hard rough corners and mine is still stock height. Just my 2 cents worth.

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you are going to stick with the 35s I wouldn't lower it if you do any aggressive curve carving. I have a 19 PP2 with 305/35/19 nitto 555G2 and I can get the front ones to rub on my fender on hard rough corners and mine is still stock height. Just my 2 cents worth.
It does make sense, that's why I am sticking with the stock wheels 305/30/19s. I just wanted to lower the car a bit (wheel gap always on my mind) without hampering the current handling capability. I would have loved 1 inch drop with Steeda Sport lowering springs but can't find the spring rate of those, will probably go with Steeda Dual rate Ultimate which have been highly sought after by others although they provide around .75 inch drop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hey, nice pictures. I am also looking for lowering springs for my car and tending towards Steeda, want a little close to 1 inche drop. Can you tell me how much drop did you get with the lowering springs, on the site they say about .75 inches. Also, wow is the ride compared to the stock springs?
Steeda is a really good company to work with, their support team is always super helpful when I call. Basically the sport springs will lower the car near 1in, but you'll give up a little performance with the softer springs. The ultimate handling springs are really designed to aid handling performance, but you ultimately only get about a half inch drop.

Most people wont notice the ultimate handling springs because the drop is so minor, but it does give the car overall a more aggressive/flat stance (and the slight drop). However, I'm blown away by how well they perform and drive. Plus, I was hitting the front lip all the time on stock suspension so I really didn't want to lower the car that much. Ultimately, I'm very happy with the ultimate handling springs.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I really, really wish those wheels would fit on my car... You folks have the BEST looking factory rims for the S550 that was ever made by Ford.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Nitish, I agree with Doc Murdoch that Steeda is a great company (i have their stop-the-hop starter kit) and spring option but if you want to compare then consider the FP M-5300-W lowering springs. Its a 20mm or 3/4" drop and their designed by Ford to work with the Magneride in the PP2. Both are good options, cant go wrong with either.

Doc Murdock and Blackzilla, you guys have nice rides too. Hard not to like a PP2!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Most people wont notice the ultimate handling springs because the drop is so minor,
I bet you notice the slightly lower stance every time you walk up to the car to get into it, though. Kind of like having inside information that most people are not party to.

Norm

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Steeda is a really good company to work with, their support team is always super helpful when I call. Basically the sport springs will lower the car near 1in, but you'll give up a little performance with the softer springs. The ultimate handling springs are really designed to aid handling performance, but you ultimately only get about a half inch drop.

Most people wont notice the ultimate handling springs because the drop is so minor, but it does give the car overall a more aggressive/flat stance (and the slight drop). However, I'm blown away by how well they perform and drive. Plus, I was hitting the front lip all the time on stock suspension so I really didn't want to lower the car that much. Ultimately, I'm very happy with the ultimate handling springs.
I am also leaning towards the same. One thing which I have promised myself is I'll not bring down the performance for the aesthetic appeal. Heck I should just order it. he he.

Nitish, I agree with Doc Murdoch that Steeda is a great company (i have their stop-the-hop starter kit) and spring option but if you want to compare then consider the FP M-5300-W lowering springs. Its a 20mm or 3/4" drop and their designed by Ford to work with the Magneride in the PP2. Both are good options, cant go wrong with either.

Doc Murdock and Blackzilla, you guys have nice rides too. Hard not to like a PP2!
Do you know how much drop you got after putting Ford Performance ones on? Like even Steeda outlines .75 inches but Doc Mudrock got around half an inch. Also would it be possible for you to post a side profile pic of your car?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
If we can help assist with anything - don't hesitate to ask, my email is [email protected]

Happy to get you any information & support you need - thank you for the feedback above, its truly appreciated!

TJ

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I bet you notice the slightly lower stance every time you walk up to the car to get into it, though. Kind of like having inside information that most people are not party to.

Norm
Agreed. Along the same lines, I'm kinda
I am also leaning towards the same. One thing which I have promised myself is I'll not bring down the performance for the aesthetic appeal. Heck I should just order it. he he.

Do you know how much drop you got after putting Ford Performance ones on? Like even Steeda outlines .75 inches but Doc Mudrock got around half an inch. Also would it be possible for you to post a side profile pic of your car?
FP springs gave me 5/8" drop in the front, not quite the full 20mm (.787") it mentioned but I wouldn't want it any lower. It fills the wheel gap nicely and with the SC2's still on, the front splitter is now only about 5" off the ground so any lower and.......
I got just a hair under 1/2" drop in the rear BUT thats only because I installed the Steeda stop-the-hop starter kit at the same time and the bushing support in that kit keeps it from dropping fully. I'm gonna make up that small loss by going with a 325/30 tire in the rear, staying at 305/30 in the front. I'll take/post closeups this tomorrow.

As long as you stay with linear lowering springs that have similar spring rates to OE, the differences between FP and Steeda are only fractions of an inch, maybe not even enough to notice with the naked eye so with either of those brands you'll get the drop you want and enhanced performance. And they'll all give you good products and support as well.