PP2 real life pictures

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
New PP2 301a owner here. As much as I'd love to go through 46 pages of useful info, can someone provide some cliff notes to PP2 ownership. So far I've got:

- Tires options are: 305/30/19 MPS4S or Potenzas. I'm looking for dual duty tire for occasional track days, so 4$ seems like the better option
- Sto n Sho plate bracket hangs quite low. I had one on my 1" lowered GT/CS so I think I should be fine?
- Rock guards are pretty much a necessity

OP
OP
Prokiller

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
New PP2 301a owner here. As much as I'd love to go through 46 pages of useful info, can someone provide some cliff notes to PP2 ownership. So far I've got:

- Tires options are: 305/30/19 MPS4S or Potenzas. I'm looking for dual duty tire for occasional track days, so 4$ seems like the better option
- Sto n Sho plate bracket hangs quite low. I had one on my 1" lowered GT/CS so I think I should be fine?
- Rock guards are pretty much a necessity
you got the jist of it right there. you can also join the wide rear tire club like Ashpain and I and get the 325/30 MPS4S rear tires.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I'll have to get up in there and see how it's attached. Can't imagine what's it's purpose is.
I think I found the part, but had to go to the GT350 model on ford parts to find it, so I am betting that some of us have GT350 liners on the rear wheel well, and have this flap. I'll have to go look at the GT350 forums to see if this is on those. Looks like a mudflap kit even thought it really doesn't stick out and it's much smaller than a functional flap. Part number 6328370 or 6328371 (RH and LH).

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I think I found the part, but had to go to the GT350 model on ford parts to find it, so I am betting that some of us have GT350 liners on the rear wheel well, and have this flap. I'll have to go look at the GT350 forums to see if this is on those. Looks like a mudflap kit even thought it really doesn't stick out and it's much smaller than a functional flap. Part number 6328370 or 6328371 (RH and LH).
Nice! Thanks for the info!

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
@Prokiller and Ashpain, how is the rise with the 325's? Is that any rubbing when you hit a bump?

Also, is anybody using the ZL1addons tow hook/license plate holder?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Was it difficult to install? Did you have to remove the splitter?
Splitter stays on, but belly pan comes off. Install is pretty straight forward if you are handy with a wrench and can follow instructions. Only step I deviated from the instructions is where they say to unbolt the radiator brace from the crash bar and bend it out of the way. Do yourself a favor and loosen the upper brace to radiator support bolts and move the brace out of the way. If you do it the way the instructions say, it will be extremely difficult or impossible to get the support back in place.

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
Splitter stays on, but belly pan comes off. Install is pretty straight forward if you are handy with a wrench and can follow instructions. Only step I deviated from the instructions is where they say to unbolt the radiator brace from the crash bar and bend it out of the way. Do yourself a favor and loosen the upper brace to radiator support bolts and move the brace out of the way. If you do it the way the instructions say, it will be extremely difficult or impossible to get the support back in place.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback and advice. I am going to order it this weekend.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
It's the black trip piece on the fender curve. Looks like part of a fender liner but sticks out like a mudflap just below the bumper line in the picture I attached in my post. I saw a red one back in the early 30's page on this thread that had pictures that has it on theirs as well. On the side missing, there is a good size mounting area and clips where bolts would hold it in. Will have to get a pic of the side that is missing for comparison for you guys, either way, going to get my dealer to order one, but again feel like this will be a needle in the haystack search for the part being that its not consistently on vehicles, seems to be PP2 only and even then not everyone has it on theirs.
I only have one on the driver side rear.

Montducati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor and 2016 - Shelby GT350
In case anyone is looking for a PP2 mine is up for grabs as I've decided to go in a different direction. It was ordered in Oxford White with Sync 3, Recaro Seats and Active Exhaust. It is due at the dealership in 2 days, if anyone is interested they should contact Dan P at Park City Ford in Bridgeport, CT.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume many of us pp2 owners have added ZL1 Add-ons or some other rock guard to protect the SC2's from flinging gravel and anything else they pic up at your paint. I have installed them but noticed this patch in front of both rear tires. I'm assuming the front tires are sending rocks to the kick panel. Anyone else with the same issue? Going to try to touch them up and the cover with 3m film, but the car has 1500 miles. There has to be a better way to stop them. I guess I could widen the front guards? Like a wicker bill for rock guards:crazy:? Any other ideas?
20180813_175844.jpg
20180813_175855.jpg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If you aren't emphatic on running the SC2's on the street, I don't see one single blemish down either side running Bridgestone Potenza S-04's in the stock 305/30/19 size with no rock guards installed in 1,800 miles. These tires provide plenty of grip for the street and you can drive 70 mph in the rain with no worries. If you want to track the SC2's, I know you'd have to invest in another set of wheels, but I bet you could get some cheaper ones in the $1K range. You could just tape everything up good for track days and be good.

Just offering up a suggestion. I'm really glad I decided to swap out the SC2's at the get go. These Bridgestones are all the tire I need for the street and will actually be trying them out at HPT in about a month. For the drag strip, IMO, you'll still need a set of dr's, so a second set of wheels (at least for the rear) will be needed for that too, and could be swapped between the SC2's and dr's as needed.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
If you aren't emphatic on running the SC2's on the street, I don't see one single blemish down either side running Bridgestone Potenza S-04's in the stock 305/30/19 size with no rock guards installed in 1,800 miles. These tires provide plenty of grip for the street and you can drive 70 mph in the rain with no worries. If you want to track the SC2's, I know you'd have to invest in another set of wheels, but I bet you could get some cheaper ones in the $1K range. You could just tape everything up good for track days and be good.

Just offering up a suggestion. I'm really glad I decided to swap out the SC2's at the get go. These Bridgestones are all the tire I need for the street and will actually be trying them out at HPT in about a month. For the drag strip, IMO, you'll still need a set of dr's, so a second set of wheels (at least for the rear) will be needed for that too, and could be swapped between the SC2's and dr's as needed.
I do plan to swap them out when the weather changes, but man I'm enjoying them now! I read your post about the Bridgestones earlier, I'll probably be following your lead on them. I have never seen tires pick up so much off the street. It's like taking a lint roller down the road, probably more effective than a street sweeper.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume many of us pp2 owners have added ZL1 Add-ons or some other rock guard to protect the SC2's from flinging gravel and anything else they pic up at your paint. I have installed them but noticed this patch in front of both rear tires. I'm assuming the front tires are sending rocks to the kick panel. Anyone else with the same issue? Going to try to touch them up and the cover with 3m film, but the car has 1500 miles. There has to be a better way to stop them. I guess I could widen the front guards? Like a wicker bill for rock guards:crazy:? Any other ideas?
20180813_175844.jpg
20180813_175855.jpg
FYI, same spot. Touched it the chips with color n drive, then hit it with some Ultimate Compound and some elbow grease. Amazing.
20180813_193940.jpg