Sponsored

PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You can however buy the Magenride handling kit upgrade that includes a software update for the Magneride. Putting you on par or better than PP2. Then you just need to upgrade your wheels and tires.
Yup got it. Also already have the stock 9.5 rears on all 4 corners.

I'd LOVE to see a Mach1 vs a PPL2 with magneride and Power kits from PF against each other on the track. I feel like the coolers will have a MUCH bigger impact than the transmission differences.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yup got it. Also already have the stock 9.5 rears on all 4 corners.

I'd LOVE to see a Mach1 vs a PPL2 with magneride and Power kits from PF against each other on the track. I feel like the coolers will have a MUCH bigger impact than the transmission differences.
maybe but you could add coolers and all and get your PP2 up to a Mach 1 for much less than a Mach 1.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
You can however buy the Magenride handling kit upgrade that includes a software update for the Magneride. Putting you on par or better than PP2. Then you just need to upgrade your wheels and tires.
Isn't the PP2 suspension tuned for the wheels as well? Someone smarter than me should jump in :)

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
maybe but you could add coolers and all and get your PP2 up to a Mach 1 for much less than a Mach 1.
Even less than that if youre just buying it for track use.

Start with a Base PPL2 and you'll be saving TONS. You could get those for like 38k-ish? $1k for the FP suspension, $1k for the FP power package, FP 4.09 rear, whatever Full-Tilt-Boogie charges for a diff cooler, and you're like 5+k less than a Mach1 with same level of power and handling. Unless the cooler voids your warranty you're even still rocking a 3yr warranty.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I feel like the coolers will have a MUCH bigger impact than the transmission differences.
are you saying the tremec is comparable to the mt82(d4)?
careful playing with fire man. šŸ˜‡

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I had the Tremec in my GTO and the MT82-D4 in my PP2. I donā€™t see all the hurt thatā€™s put on the Getrag. If anything, the Getrag is more crisp entering the gates than the Tremec. And, I had the JHP short throw on the Tremec whereas the Getrag is stock. I donā€™t feel Iā€™ve lost a thing on the transmission, other than maybe a little different gearing on the MT82-D4, although it has its pros (street driving) and cons (track).

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yes. They have similar power ratings both are as durable. The biggest change is that the tremec has no lift shift (which 18+ cars WERE listed to have but Ford never actually did it, assholes), gearing that's more of a compromise between the 15-17 and 18-21 MT82 versions and a better shifter.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
As for Mach 1 vs lightly modified PP2 it's a drivers race. I've gone fasters laps than GT350's in my car. I would rather have Mach 1 fully warrantied true track ready car but if I don't get a great deal I'll just keep my PP2 and keep upgrading it. Until the all-electric Shelby's come out :).

Isn't the PP2 suspension tuned for the wheels as well? Someone smarter than me should jump in :)
It may be somewhat but the system responds to all the various sensors on the car so changing wheels doesn't seem to affect it much. It probably just changes some of the data coming from certain sensors and then the system just reacts accordingly.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I think there are some other suspension components that are different from the PP2, in the Mach 1 but I'm not sure what they are, or how big of a difference they make. I just know I love my PP2, and have no intentions of replacing it.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Little did I know when I ranted about how dumb it is you cant get a PPL2 Bullitt little did I realize that its because they would have a hard time justifying the Mach1 if it was just that same car, but with coolers.
Iā€™m still pissed that I couldnā€™t get PPL2 with my Ecoboost... the online builder kept forcing me to have a V8 and that was not what I was looking for in my commuter car. The better handling and brakes would have come in handy every day, but the extra HP would have been tough. Iā€™ll have her built here shortly, but it has taken me 3 years to get there. Itā€™s a great package to live with on a daily basis.

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Rumor was about 1,500 for the 1st year, mostly due to inventory shortages. Not sure if that number was even hit."
The 1,500 quoted by Ford was due to the late entry into the 2018 marketplace (early 2018 v. late 2017 for other 2018 models). I can only imagine that Ford felt safe in producing only 1,500. If they never moved off the dealer lots, it becomes a one & done deal. Since they (apparently) did sell, Ford continued producing them until the big purge last year (PP2, Bullitt & GT350).

Just a thought here ... tho not every option is indicated on the VIN plate (as in the PP2), would it be safe to say that every option does have an alpha/numeric code on the assembly line? How else would Ford know what Mustangs are to be equipped w/the PP2 option? And, if that is the case, why couldn't Ford (at some point) provide those production numbers?

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I had the Tremec in my GTO and the MT82-D4 in my PP2. I donā€™t see all the hurt thatā€™s put on the Getrag. If anything, the Getrag is more crisp entering the gates than the Tremec. And, I had the JHP short throw on the Tremec whereas the Getrag is stock. I donā€™t feel Iā€™ve lost a thing on the transmission, other than maybe a little different gearing on the MT82-D4, although it has its pros (street driving) and cons (track).
When I had my PP2, normal driving was fine however, I noticed in more spirited driving that the getrag would make a synchro noise (sounded like griding). I tried slowing down shifts, faster shifts, delayed clutch engagement and nothing would eliminate it.

However, it did shift each and every time and I never had any issues with it. I am not sure if it was a synchro issue or simply that the transmission itself was just noisy.

The engagement and shifting overall was nice, it was the scratching noise that always made me a bit concerned. However, I ended up trading in, so I have no idea if it was simply noise or an actual issue. I do recall reading that some had issues with the transmission.

The PP2 was great, aside from the tramming, it was overall a great car and of course the handling was incredible with the Cup 2's when they were warm. The only bad thing is if you are buying it for a daily driver, you will want to either budget for new tires immediately as the Cup 2's are good for 8K miles? Or buy a second set of rims with street tires.

Here's a pice of my PP2 when I picked up at Cowles.

IMG_8499.jpg

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When I had my PP2, normal driving was fine however, I noticed in more spirited driving that the getrag would make a synchro noise (sounded like griding). I tried slowing down shifts, faster shifts, delayed clutch engagement and nothing would eliminate it.

However, it did shift each and every time and I never had any issues with it. I am not sure if it was a synchro issue or simply that the transmission itself was just noisy.

The engagement and shifting overall was nice, it was the scratching noise that always made me a bit concerned. However, I ended up trading in, so I have no idea if it was simply noise or an actual issue. I do recall reading that some had issues with the transmission.

The PP2 was great, aside from the tramming, it was overall a great car and of course the handling was incredible with the Cup 2's when they were warm. The only bad thing is if you are buying it for a daily driver, you will want to either budget for new tires immediately as the Cup 2's are good for 8K miles? Or buy a second set of rims with street tires.

Here's a pice of my PP2 when I picked up at Cowles.

IMG_8499.jpg
Damn, Chris. That's a fine upgrade from PP2 to GT500. You in NOVA?

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Damn, Chris. That's a fine upgrade from PP2 to GT500. You in NOVA?
Well....I went from the PP2 to a 2019 Z06 (I wanted a GT500 but the ADM's were just too high, so I gave up) ...a year later ADM's started to taper off and I found my current GT500 and still made money on the Z06.

To answer you question yes, I am in NOVA. I plan on keeping the GT500....maybe someday buying something else after it's paid off? Possibly a ZR-1? However, the GT500 is not going anywhere, I sold a GT500 once and regretted it for years.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well....I went from the PP2 to a 2019 Z06 (I wanted a GT500 but the ADM's were just too high, so I gave up) ...a year later ADM's started to taper off and I found my current GT500 and still made money on the Z06.

To answer you question yes, I am in NOVA. I plan on keeping the GT500....maybe someday buying something else after it's paid off? Possibly a ZR-1? However, the GT500 is not going anywhere, I sold a GT500 once and regretted it for years.
Nice! Beautiful car. Let me know if you ever upgrade your exhaust I'll take the old one from you :crackup:
Hope to see you around the NOVA roads
Sponsored