Sponsored

PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
So what have you PP2 owners been up to with your beasts? Driving adventures, upgrades, ect ect.

Come on peeps, until I get mine I have to live vicariously through you all!!!
It warmed up into the mid 40's here yesterday. Streets were dry. So, I woke her up from her nap and stretched her legs a bit. Shush! She's back asleep now.

full.jpg
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I would've bought a PP2 if it was available with the A10. Love the wheels (to me the best looking wheels on an S550), so I just ordered the SVE PP2 replicas for my 18 GT.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
drove it to work today as i do everyday. it's dirty as sin right now though.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
Added some black badges, side & rear skirts, x pipe and added a few miles....
20181201_121543.jpg
20181201_121618.jpg
which side/rear splitters did you go with? i was going to do the same over the winter.

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
1700ish mile update:

did my first oil change (ALL BY MYSELF)

Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 full synthetic (shits 12 bucks a quart yo.)

Not too sure if there's ticking or not. I try to listen but i honestly don't know. Could be, maybe, maybe not. Who cares? After around 5000 rpms tunnel vision sets in so it doesn't even matter lol. Car still runs great, and I'm literally always looking for a reason to drive.

Question to all you guys out there that daily drive this beast in sub-optimal temps (like < 35 degrees F)

How long do you usually wait before driving off from a cold start? (say its like 25 degrees F outside, and cars been sitting outside all night long)
How long do you usually wait before driving it hard?

Do you guys use any of the temp guages thats avaliable in the digital dash to let you know when its ready to drive off?

Is it really THAT bad if i start it up after a frozen night, and immediately drive off? (not hard, just normal driving)

Common sense would tell me to definitely let the engine temperature on the bottom left to get centered before driving hard.

Thanks!

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is it really THAT bad if I start it up after a frozen night & immediately drive off? Common sense would tell me to definitely let the engine temperature get centered before driving hard.
Professional consensus has long favored bringing temps up by driving sensibly v. letting the engine idle up to temp. Idling will only work for the engine, not the transmission or differential. And remember that your brakes might take a bit longer to come up to a "working temp" also. If the ambient temp is "THAT bad," I would think that prudence would dictate a conservative driving style (v. "driving hard"). Just sayin' ...

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I live in Florida where everything is always at normal operating temps.

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well I have my first issue. Christmas eve I went out and my instrument cluster is blank and some for buttons on the steering wheel do not work. Anyone hear of this before? I'll take it into the dealership in a few days. Really disappointing. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
mustang-2-jpg.jpg

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Well I have my first issue. Christmas eve I went out and my instrument cluster is blank and some for buttons on the steering wheel do not work. Anyone hear of this before? I'll take it into the dealership in a few days. Really disappointing. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
mustang-2-jpg.jpg
On 18s yes. On 19s no.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well, mine is an early 2019. Do you know what the fix was on the 2018s? BTW, thanks & Merry Christmas.
Do you have the Star Wars or basic dual pod instrument cluster?

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do you have the Star Wars or basic dual pod instrument cluster?
I have the 401A with the 12" LCD cluster. I wish it was as simple as a fuse but I doubt it because a few of the buttons on the steering wheel don't work.Thank you.
Sponsored