Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,
I was set to buy a take-off PP1 spoiler locally and the seller just informed me he noticed there is water trapped inside of it. He sent a video of the water sloshing around inside the spoiler. Can the stock PP1 spoiler be disassembled to drain it? I've never heard of water getting trapped like that. I don't want to buy it if I can't get the water out. If it's as easy as disassembling, draining, and then sealing up during reassembly, then I'm less concerned.
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Haven't heard of water getting into PP1 wings, but seals do fail and it can happen. If the production ones are just like the Ford accessory wings, you should be able to take the wing supports off through access holes in the supports. As far as draining, you might be able to slosh it out or let it sit for a while on a warm day. I'd put new foam sealing tape/3M double sided tape on in the appropriate spots as well when reassembling.

If it's cheap and already the same color, I'd say go for it. The accessories PP1 wing is $600 less paint.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it looks like most of the cause of this was the passenger side winglet wasn't sealed all the way around. Driver's side was sealed with the adhesive all the way around, passenger side had some gaps in adhesive. I have it all apart, going to work the water out of the bolt holes, clean all the adhesive off, and redo the adhesive on all parts before reassembly.
Sponsored