Sponsored

PP Tires and Wheels

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
A friend of mine just bought a 2015 GT non performance package and the dealership promised him PP package black 19" tires and wheels in lieu of the 20 inch foundry package. They proceeded to take a set of PP tires and wheels of another car and stuck them on his car. The tires and wheels on the back of his car look wider than the fronts. Are the PP tires and wheels a different size on the rear vs the front or is the offset different on the rear wheels? Just curious?
Sponsored

Barricad3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red gt premium
They are a bit wider.. 19x9front 19x9.5 back if I'm not mistaken

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The rear PP wheels are 9.5" with 265 tires. The fronts are 9" with 245 or 255 tires. Good eyes.

OP
OP
kray

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Answers my question! Thank you very much. I thought they looked just a bit wider. I was surprised that the dealership took a set of tires and wheels off a PP car and put them on his non PP car. They put his 20 inch foundrys on a PP car and it sold in a week. Win, win for my friend and the dealership! Thanks again.

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yup 275's in the rear not 265's and 255's in the front.

DIBstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
Answers my question! Thank you very much. I thought they looked just a bit wider. I was surprised that the dealership took a set of tires and wheels off a PP car and put them on his non PP car. They put his 20 inch foundrys on a PP car and it sold in a week. Win, win for my friend and the dealership! Thanks again.

I find it a bit shifty of the dealer to take wheels off of a PP car and put them on a non-PP car and sold it. Seems like that was something Ford didn't intend (either because of suspension design or other reasons).

I am not trying to rain on his parade and its great that he got what he wanted. I suppose my point is more that this sounds like more questionable dealer tactic.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
They do this sort of thing all the time.

I was bitten by it when I bought my Volvo S60r. sticker said 18x8 inch wheels and i clearly had 17's.

Now i know to verify that sort of thing.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
kray

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks GTBOB, I will let him know about this. Good information. Ya know the more I think about this the person that bought the PP car probably just saw a good looking car with good looking wheels and didn't realize the correlation between the black 19 inch wheels and PP car. Is there a chance that the larger tires and wheels would throw of the geometry of the PP car? A person truly looking for a PP mustang would walk away or make them put the original tire package back on the car. I bought an F350 from this same dealer many years ago and that poor truck was ravaged. The mirrors, overload springs, and tires and wheels had been swapped out to other customers trucks. They gave me a good deal and ended up restoring the truck to original from others on the lot. I don't really like to see dealerships do this because in the end some unkowledgable customer gets screwed.
Sponsored