Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Screw bama sounds like terrible tuners from everything I read
Not really. Their a good basic tune. People not telling them the complete mod list or don't know how to log properly and tuner will get pooched. Peak hp their as good as anybody else.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not really. Their a good basic tune. People not telling them the complete mod list or don't know how to log properly and tuner will get pooched. Peak hp their as good as anybody else.
I dont have experience, but all the tuners I read about, nothing but issues. You could be correct though, they could be having incorrect mods for the tune. I will give them that possibility, but thats a lot of negative reviews if so.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
My first tune was BAMA. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for what it is. Put it this way, they pump out more tunes (all makes) then LUND/PBD/VMP/AED/LIVERNOIS/etc combined, nothing is blowing up left right & center haha.

Just because YOU had a positive experience some time ago doesn't mean the company and their tunes are reputable in the here and now. The facts are the facts, read the reviews from the here and now. You are going to tell me all these bad reviews are from people not disclosing mods or from not data logging? I hardly believe this to be true, and this is reaching and you know it. Data logging is an easy process that has been well covered on this forum and by each tuner on its own, hell the tuning devices themselves are essentially dummy proof and walk you through it. Mod disclosure, id find it very hard to believe so many people would spend XXX on a tune and device and knowingly refuse to tell the tuner they have a boss intake manifold or cams, etc. Minor mods like exhaust and intakes dont matter to much. The forms you fill out nowadays have drop down options for your mod lists. The fact remains they are not a reputable tuning company. Theres no argument that LUND and PBD are superior tunes, and id honestly be surprised if bama was selling more tunes than them combined.

For the OP, ford power packs are a reliable choice if you want to keep the warranty and have a basic tune and some basic mods, no issues there. However if your willing to let the warranty side go and want a bit more bang then a quality tuner such as lund or PBD will net you some extra gains. You really cant go wrong with either choice, good luck.

Shadowdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 1994 Corvette 1984 Corvette 2015 Kawasaki ZX14R 2000Suzuki TLR1000
PP2 here and love it. Dyno at 409hp 395tq on a dyno jet dyno on a humid night in Houston. Love the no lift shift also !

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I've been running my car on a 93 octane Bama race tune since December and I got no complaints. I was just really careful in making sure I gave them the proper information.

When researching before purchase, I noticed a lot of the people having problems had automatics....
Probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I didn't have a manual.
Sponsored