Sponsored

Power Pack 2 Problem

WildPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium with PP
I just got done installing the Power Pack 2 on my 2015 S550 GT with Performance Pack. After going through the ProCal installation, I noticed that Hill Assist, Drive Modes, Traction Control and Steering control (Normal, Sport, and Comfort) are no longer available. When I try to enable Hill Assist, it tells me it's unavailable. When I try to select different drive mode using the switch next to the start button, it also says it's unavailable. As for the Steering, options do show up but it won't let me choose anything but Normal. I read through the forums and Google for a little while, but I couldn't find any info about this. I didn't get any errors during flashing process nor did I encounter any problems installing the components. Is this normal? Should I try reflashing again? BTW, I took it for a drive and I can tell the car has more torque and more responsive.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
sorry i cant be of much help, i definitely did not come across this when i did the stage 2 install. It might be worth putting stock tune back on (dont start the car with the parts installed!), then reinstalling the stage 2 tune. But you might want to hit up ford performance (their info is in the paper work) and see what they say

OP
OP

WildPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turned the engine on this morning and all previous mentioned issues have gone away. Go figure... However, I noticed an engine light. I read the code it's P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned. Has anyone seen this? If so, how did you fix it?

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
From what I remember you have to rev the engine past 4000 rpm's until the CEL goes out.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
First start after installing the PP2 I got lights for traction control and stabilitrac errors. The outdoor temp reading also didn’t work. It cleared itself after shutting down. There is a tool in the procal tool to do the crank position relearn. Real easy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WildPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thelostotter, thank you. This explains why next morning errors were gone. In regards to Procal tool, only thing I have is the ProCal software loaded on my laptop. Can I perform relearning process using the software or do I need a ProCal handheld device?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
After you install the PP2, you will typically get lights. Need to turn the car off, open the driver door, and then turn the car back on again. Should go away. If not, go for a short and safe drive, then do the same. As for the code the OP got, you need to do a re-learn.

Both of these points were in my instructions when I installed the PP2.

OP
OP

WildPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I was able to perform the crankshaft relearn process and engine light has gone away.
Sponsored