Sponsored

Power Pack 1 or Lund

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I am new to the coyote and have been reading quite a bit about adding some extra power. I will likely add a supercharger down the road so I don't want to buy a lot of things now that will just be replaced down the road and am not interested in spending a lot of extra money for just a few HP.

I plan on a different filter, 18 manifold, and a tune for now. Current I have a muffler delete for the sound. I might at lt headers later.

So is there any real difference between the Ford power pack 1 and just using a K&N with a Lund tune? Will the Lund be worth the extra $200-$300. Also, do I have to have the Gauge?

It is my understanding that most if not all cai aren't really going to add any appreciable power.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If you plan on more mods that require custom tuning, stay away from the ford power packs. The power pack tunes are proprietary and can't be accessed by aftermarket tuners except HP tuners. If you use the ford stuff, you would have to remove it along with their tune before you do anything else, making the ford stuff wasted money. At least with the lund tune you can build from there and modify the tune to work with the new parts.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Ford stuff keeps your warranty. But, like posted above, it depends how much you’re planning to do overall.

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Depending on what supercharger you go with I would skip the 18 manifold. If you end up going with a PD blower (Whipple, Edelbrock, VMP etc.) it will be wasted. Unless you know you want to go with a centri blower (Procharger, Paxton or Vortech) or turbo. Same for a cold air intake, no matter what supercharger you go with the CAI will likely be replaced.

I think you would be surprised how much a tune alone from a good tuner will do. And if you have E85 in your area all I would do is pick up a used set of 47lb injectors and get an E85 tune and that would hold you over until you save for the supercharger. Then resell the injectors.
Sponsored