The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not my doing but weā€™re in wine country today for my birthday. Temecula California. This is a charcuterie we had for lunch. Awesome.
IMG_3882.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well it was over 5c tonight, which was good as we had our first BBQ of the year planned at my sisters ā€¦ lol

I tried a little experiment in preparation :

1710029115869.jpeg

Only one for me and the eldest, the wife and youngest donā€™t do Frankā€™s hot sauce.

I managed to get about 12ml pumped into each, with a lot less leakage than expected

1710029293845.jpeg

I covered them with the spare, and left them to sit :

1710029381558.jpeg

Other than the second piece of chicken and the sauce, this was all mine :

1710029460506.jpeg

Steak burger.
Minted lamb burger.
Smoked back bacon for the above.
Pork and apple sausage.
Pork and caramelised onion sausage.
Pork, cheese and jalapeƱo sausage (the big one).
Aberdeen Angus beef sausage (the dark one).

No photos of it done - Iā€™m the chef and we eat straight from the grill when itā€™s ready. Balancing cooking, eating, and drinking brew dog doesnā€™t leave any time for taking photos :giggle:

The steak burger, on a barm cake (bread roll) with smokey bacon, cheese square and the Jack D sauce was ā€˜reallyā€™ good.

I expected the chicken to weep when it was cooked, but it didnā€™t. The sauce was absorbed into the meat and the meat was orange when you bit through it. Really good served with a cheese square on a bread roll, not too hot but a nice zing. Will defo be doing those again :sunglasses:

WD :like:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Well it was over 5c tonight, which was good as we had our first BBQ of the year planned at my sisters ā€¦ lol

I tried a little experiment in preparation :

1710029115869.jpeg

Only one for me and the eldest, the wife and youngest donā€™t do Frankā€™s hot sauce.

I managed to get about 12ml pumped into each, with a lot less leakage than expected

1710029293845.jpeg

I covered them with the spare, and left them to sit :

1710029381558.jpeg

Other than the second piece of chicken and the sauce, this was all mine :

1710029460506.jpeg

Steak burger.
Minted lamb burger.
Smoked back bacon for the above.
Pork and apple sausage.
Pork and caramelised onion sausage.
Pork, cheese and jalapeƱo sausage (the big one).
Aberdeen Angus beef sausage (the dark one).

No photos of it done - Iā€™m the chef and we eat straight from the grill when itā€™s ready. Balancing cooking, eating, and drinking brew dog doesnā€™t leave any time for taking photos :giggle:

The steak burger, on a barm cake (bread roll) with smokey bacon, cheese square and the Jack D sauce was ā€˜reallyā€™ good.

I expected the chicken to weep when it was cooked, but it didnā€™t. The sauce was absorbed into the meat and the meat was orange when you bit through it. Really good served with a cheese square on a bread roll, not too hot but a nice zing. Will defo be doing those again :sunglasses:

Everything looks and sounds great!

I've marinated chicken breasts in Frank's before and cubed up on the Blackstone, mixed with blue cheese and ranch dressing and scooped into hoagie rolls...

Never thought to inject them! Thanks for the idea!

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Did a guided truffle hunt in the Willamette Valley. It was a great trip with the fam. Brought home 4 Oregon white truffles. Cleaned them up and made a compound butter. Slapped a pat of that onto a ribeye and had some crispy smashed potatoes and roasted carrots on the side. It was fun to reminisce about the adventure over an excellent meal.

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought to inject them! Thanks for the idea!
Get the fattest needle you can - mine blocked after a few injections so I resorted to poking a hole with a skewer, then pushing the nose of the syringe into the hole and holding it tight up whilst I injected.

It worked great, so you might want to miss the needle completely (which also saves stabbing yourself lol) :like:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Did a guided truffle hunt in the Willamette Valley. It was a great trip with the fam. Brought home 4 Oregon white truffles. Cleaned them up and made a compound butter. Slapped a pat of that onto a ribeye and had some crispy smashed potatoes and roasted carrots on the side. It was fun to reminisce about the adventure over an excellent meal.

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg
That's awesome! I've wanted to go wild mushroom hunting sometime, I know that's a little different but I think it would be fun

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Get the fattest needle you can - mine blocked after a few injections so I resorted to poking a hole with a skewer, then pushing the nose of the syringe into the hole and holding it tight up whilst I injected.

It worked great, so you might want to miss the needle completely (which also saves stabbing yourself lol) :like:

I'll keep it in mind, I think I still have a syringe around here somewhere lol

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As long as we were there we picked these up before the drive home. Nothing like fresh from the farm. So sweet and amazing.
IMG_2121.jpeg

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
As long as we were there we picked these up before the drive home. Nothing like fresh from the farm. So sweet and amazing.
IMG_2121.jpeg
Jealous!

Seeing it is March and I live in the mountains of New England this is all I have:

tempImage4GTA9C.jpg

I could harvest some of these chives:

tempImageo0gVdU.jpg

That being said these things shouldn't be sprouting until middle of April, crazy El NiƱo winter. I'm starting plants today (inside) - kale, broccoli, arugula, beets, lettuce for transplant as soon as ground is truly unfrozen (its about 34* on top and frozen in places down lower) and also tomatoes, squashes, cucumbers for when chance of frost is past (Mothers Day is typical).

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jealous!

Seeing it is March and I live in the mountains of New England this is all I have:

tempImage4GTA9C.jpg

I could harvest some of these chives:

tempImageo0gVdU.jpg

That being said these things shouldn't be sprouting until middle of April, crazy El NiƱo winter. I'm starting plants today (inside) - kale, broccoli, arugula, beets, lettuce for transplant as soon as ground is truly unfrozen (its about 34* on top and frozen in places down lower) and also tomatoes, squashes, cucumbers for when chance of frost is past (Mothers Day is typical).
I would love to do that but I just donā€™t have the green thumb. Iā€™ve tried tomatoes before and a couple of other things and I just canā€™t get it to work. I just end up wasting money.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I would love to do that but I just donā€™t have the green thumb. Iā€™ve tried tomatoes before and a couple of other things and I just canā€™t get it to work. I just end up wasting money.
Same here. I've killed plants that I was told I wouldn't be able to kill lmao.

I did get about 3 jalapeƱos off a $5 plant about 2 years ago. But jalapeƱos are $1.50/lb where I live so that was totally worth the time and effort šŸ¤£