Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I need something exactly like this but not for $450 a piece, something around $200-$325 a piece would be nice :)
I have just the wheel in mind for you, ill shoot you a pm

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Depends on which tire. I have 3 sets of wheels/tires for my 2012 and one of them has Nitto invo's. And I can tell you they are smooth quiet and comfy.

2012GTnewwheels022.jpg

2012GTnewwheels026.jpg

2012GTnewwheels024.jpg

I've also had 555's and 555r's and no complaints about them either with noise:

Dsc00352.jpg

Dsc00449.jpg
Well your cars seem loud enough to not to be able to hear the tires. But my ecoboost is very quite. Can hear quote alot. Haha.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I kept the specs for factory 20s with a little bit lower offset.
Lexani CSS 16 --- 20x9 +38 offset all around.
265/35/20
Looks like you got one of the early cars since no snow on the ground. Nice car and wheels.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Well your cars seem loud enough to not to be able to hear the tires. But my ecoboost is very quite. Can hear quote alot. Haha.
My mustang is stock exhaust, so not very loud at all. But that WS6, which I had many years ago, was loud as F&^k! Had LT's with Off-road Y-pipe & SLP Loudmouth exhaust with Borla XR-1 mufflers. It was crazy loud @ WOT.

but anyhow, trust me, the Invo's are butter smooth and quiet. Maybe whoever complained was when they were totally worn out? A lot of tires get loud when they get worn down. My Invo's are still pretty so I am not sure how they wear.

Last edited:

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
So I read through this entire post and noticed not one person went with 18's and a big fat tire sidewall... why is this?

On my 2007 Mustang GT I had Steeda Pentar 18" X 9.5" rims with Nitto 555 285's Front and Nitto 555R 305 street radials in the rear. And Nitto 555 285's all around when I would rest (or burn up) the 305 radials.

SO much tire meat I never had to worry about them wearing out or grip or whatnot. I figured it was the same no brainer to go 18 by 10 or 10.5 all the way around this new one. I have yet to see a picture with 18's yet to be able to determine if it looks alright or not.

Just to clarify... I made my first decision because I will be tracking my cars and had always heard that essentially the bigger in diameter rim you go with; the less structural worthiness in racing's sense? It made sense to me to get a nice strong and tight structured rim. And in my experience with my old set up they performed flawlessly.

Im the person that doesn't like to see such short sidewall heights.. especially on my own car. I don't like the rim to look like a blade of sorts. But I do have to admit that some of these 20" rim combos look pretty killer.

I started with 20 inch rims with a lip on them and just remember how harsh they were over bumps in the road and things like that. Sold those and made the switch to the steeda Pentars. I cant even remember the brand of the first rim because I did my best to erase my mistake from my memory... but I do have to say those were a showy 20 inch rim and not necessarily engineered to perform at track level.

Hmmmm.... I just wish there was a real life machine that let me see all the combos... and the digital online versions are no good.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Big Brembos = big wheels to clear them.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
So I read through this entire post and noticed not one person went with 18's and a big fat tire sidewall... why is this?

On my 2007 Mustang GT I had Steeda Pentar 18" X 9.5" rims with Nitto 555 285's Front and Nitto 555R 305 street radials in the rear. And Nitto 555 285's all around when I would rest (or burn up) the 305 radials.

SO much tire meat I never had to worry about them wearing out or grip or whatnot. I figured it was the same no brainer to go 18 by 10 or 10.5 all the way around this new one. I have yet to see a picture with 18's yet to be able to determine if it looks alright or not.

Just to clarify... I made my first decision because I will be tracking my cars and had always heard that essentially the bigger in diameter rim you go with; the less structural worthiness in racing's sense? It made sense to me to get a nice strong and tight structured rim. And in my experience with my old set up they performed flawlessly.

Im the person that doesn't like to see such short sidewall heights.. especially on my own car. I don't like the rim to look like a blade of sorts. But I do have to admit that some of these 20" rim combos look pretty killer.

I started with 20 inch rims with a lip on them and just remember how harsh they were over bumps in the road and things like that. Sold those and made the switch to the steeda Pentars. I cant even remember the brand of the first rim because I did my best to erase my mistake from my memory... but I do have to say those were a showy 20 inch rim and not necessarily engineered to perform at track level.

Hmmmm.... I just wish there was a real life machine that let me see all the combos... and the digital online versions are no good.
Agreed! im still waiting for someone to rock quality 18's or 19's with wide meaty 35 sidewall tires...i for one am not into anything bigger than 19' wheels. Looks rediculous and destroys the ride quality of an already great handling car.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Agreed! im still waiting for someone to rock quality 18's or 19's with wide meaty 35 sidewall tires...i for one am not into anything bigger than 19' wheels. Looks rediculous and destroys the ride quality of an already great handling car.

This shall happen soon!

V6Convrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015V6Convrt 051A 3.55 Magnetic
I would, but it's currently so caked in road salt that it's unrecognizable...
We use lots of salt in Canada, it's really neat as to the speed it eats thru brake lines and muffler systems. If you are in the auto repair business you just love salt Yea!! Salt

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Same here sir!!!:headbang:
Sponsored