Reaction score
Website
cicioperformance.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
i am currently running a 17 mustang gt with a Cervini stalker hood. I was wondering if the boss manifold would fit under the hood without modifications.

I also was curious if I would need any extra hardware for the install. I’ve done some research and it looks like that kit they sell for it is a waste of time and money.

Hoping for a basic bolt on install for the most part. Thanks in advance for any info!
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Looks similar to stock Hood in the back so either aftermarket adjustable engine mounts or notching the hood for the boss manifold. Would be the same for the cobra jet. If you don't want to do the extra work consider a 18 mani, GT350 mani, or even the Holley Sniper (regular or race) if you like to look of the boss style manifolds. TQ loss is something you might notice for a street N/A car unless you have steeper gear.

Reactions: Ebm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Might still have a clearance problem as stated above. 18 manifold will fit perfectly and will outperform the Boss manifold anyway.

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP
5.0hner

5.0hner

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cicioperformance.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As far as performance goes on a boosted application I have read the boss lines up well with the Paxton. I know that NA the 18 performs wonderfully. Curious as to your thoughts on comparing the two when using the 2200 novi

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As far as performance goes on a boosted application I have read the boss lines up well with the Paxton. I know that NA the 18 performs wonderfully. Curious as to your thoughts on comparing the two when using the 2200 novi
It's similar with the 18. @Demon Coyote has some good experience here, running the 18 manifold with his. IIRC, 773 whp on race gas, around 760 on E85, and loves it.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I had one on my 2013 when I got it, wasn't really impressed.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There was an article out that compared different manifolds. Check this link out.

Like Bmacil said, the '18 manifold is your best bet. If you want to squeeze every bit of gain out of a manifold, buy the '18 manifold and get it ported. The only thing that the boss intake has on the '18 is looks. Without 4.10s in mine, the boss manifold would make the low end even worse than it is stock.
Sponsored