Sponsored

Poor clear bra installation quality? Please help.

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi guys,

I just took a closer look at the clear bra installation quality on my car and it looks bad. It's not just the hood, but other places as well. Here are some pics. Mirrors (though I don't know if the installation area is common practice), heat extractors, fenders, etc. Please let me know if you guys thinks this is quality work. Please let me know if I should have it reinstalled. Is there another way to fix this other than reinstall?

This is supposed to be a reputable company in town. I was recommended to go to these people. I saw Vettes and 911s on their lot. What could have caused this (assuming it is as bad as I think)?

Thanks.
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3555.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg
IMG_3537 2.jpg
IMG_3535 2.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3547.jpg
Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
that looks pretty bad. Imo have them redo it or refund it.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
that looks pretty bad. Imo have them redo it or refund it.
Thanks. If I get a refund, does that mean I should ask them to remove it? My fear is that they will be pissed and do a poor job at removing it and therefore damage the pain. What do you (or others) think?

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Screw that. there is no way I would let them get away with that. my bra was just under a grand, so I know they are expensive. have them redo the job

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea that looks poopy

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
get them to refund you then you remove it if they act like they are mad about it. Id be raising hell if they did a piss poor job like that then got mad at me for their screw up.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was going to have mine done at a company I trust, but the dealer offered a better price on the same product so I went with them. Everything is good except the front bumper. I have a lot of corners that are peeled up, poor fit and finish. The dealer told me to bring it back and they will fix it.

Most reputable places will fix it free of charge.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was going to have mine done at a company I trust, but the dealer offered a better price on the same product so I went with them. Everything is good except the front bumper. I have a lot of corners that are peeled up, poor fit and finish. The dealer told me to bring it back and they will fix it.

Most reputable places will fix it free of charge.
Did you have large unprotected areas like I do? The front end of the hood from left to right is completely exposed.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
There are some unprotected areas, mainly in the upper grille, a couple other places.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Honestly for the cost and the often cloudy appearance of a clear bra I feel like ppl are best off with an $11 bottle of touch up paint from the dealership

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I'd definitely take that back! Especially considering how expensive these jobs are

Feel free to send me a PM and I'll help you find a good installer. We have dealers who install clear bras in Nebraska and near Chicago that I recommend

Hopefully they will make it right for you OP

Nick C.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
You should be able to easily peel off the clear film, if it hasn't been on for a long time. My buddy's car's front clear bra was damaged after being on for about a year. We were able to find a couple of locations where the film wrapped over panel edges. The pieces pulled right off...we wiped off the paint with 3M adhesive remover to clean off any residue.

Last edited:

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Clearbra is usually cut from templates from the company. Most templates do NOT wrap around the edges, which is sometimes fine. Only time you really need it to wrap, is around the hood.

1st picture: Either template was bad and caused that big curve gap OR lazy cutting.
2nd picture: Over stretching material resulted in wavy ends.
3rd picture: Very poor cutting of the edges.
4th picture: Again, probably was a template. Mirrors also require a lot of stretching, to avoid fingers and as a result you got wavy lines.

Overall, yeah it is pretty mediocre. At least there is no dust or dirt that I see though.
Sponsored