Pony lights broken

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Both of my pony lights have started to hang out of my mirrors. They won't stay in there. Looks like the clips are broken. I went to my local Ford dealer and they told me that I'd need to buy the entire mirror. That sounds absolutely crazy. Does anyone know if these are replaceable without buying the entire side mirror? Thanks.
Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Why would you need to buy it? Shouldn't that be a warrantied item?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I had mine distort and it was under warranty

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I want mine to project a penis. For no other reason than I think it would be hilarious.

OP
OP

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
That's a good question Aarron_M and Souldriver. Maybe I should have phrased my inquiry differently at my dealer. They implied that I would need to pay for it. I will look into that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
That Would be hilarious Hissman!

Ricochet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT Premium 6sp
Both of my pony lights have started to hang out of my mirrors. They won't stay in there. Looks like the clips are broken. I went to my local Ford dealer and they told me that I'd need to buy the entire mirror. That sounds absolutely crazy. Does anyone know if these are replaceable without buying the entire side mirror? Thanks.
Had the exact problem with my driver's side pony projection light. They just snap in and out of the mirror...you don't have to buy the entire mirror. It amazes me how little some Ford service writers know about cars, electronics...etc. :crazy: I had to help my service writer figure it out, but I got it fixed/replaced under warranty with no problem.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
As stated above, the lights are serviceable separate and should be replaced under warranty (as long as you're under 3 / 36 ). I had 2 of them replaced in under 30 minutes when I was writing service. No biggie....

Incompetent techs and / or service writers seem more and more common nowadays.

OP
OP

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
I brought it in last week to have a check engine light problem fixed (finally - 3rd try), and the ordered new lights for me since they weren't in stock. I'm still curious to know how they both broke in the 1st place. It's not like I pulled them out by hand. One day, I noticed they were hanging from the mirror.
Sponsored