2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

VoodooBear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orlando
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you have really good feed behind the grill I would cut out more of the front of our heatshield. That will bring temps down more.
Any ideas on where specifically to cut? No honeycomb grilles here. :D

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Same. I'm personally not concerned with the IAT's but I have been looking at them since it's a concern for other members here. My temps will obviously rise while sitting in traffic, but they plummet once the car is moving. All weekend I noticed IAT's between ambient or 1-3 degrees over ambient (ambient was 90-93 degrees this weekend).
What kind of wizardry are you pulling to get those temps? The best I get is 7 degree's above ambient while cruising at 60, but usual is around 10 degrees. Plus I have the 170 T stat so my cylinder head temps aren't above 190.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
What kind of wizardry are you pulling to get those temps? The best I get is 7 degree's above ambient while cruising at 60, but usual is around 10 degrees. Plus I have the 170 T stat so my cylinder head temps aren't above 190.
Haven't done anything special, I literally threw the thing in, didn't take me any longer than 15 minutes to install once the stock box was out of there. I have not even had a chance to adjust the MAF/Filter in the heat shield. highway speeds (65+ mph) IAT is actually never above ambient. Slower city speeds (~35-45 mph) is when I see 1-3 degrees above, maybe 5 at most sometimes. I figured what I'm seeing is pretty normal.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Haven't done anything special, I literally threw the thing in, didn't take me any longer than 15 minutes to install once the stock box was out of there. I have not even had a chance to adjust the MAF/Filter in the heat shield. highway speeds (65+ mph) IAT is actually never above ambient. Slower city speeds (~35-45 mph) is when I see 1-3 degrees above, maybe 5 at most sometimes. I figured what I'm seeing is pretty normal.
Wizardry. My MAF is inside the box and my grill opening is dremeled out.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Wizardry. My MAF is inside the box and my grill opening is dremeled out.
The car just went in today to have the MT82 rebuilt. I'll try to get video Thursday showing what I am seeing and how the kit is as is, out of the box and no grill mods (note: My car is a 2012). :cheers:

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The car just went in today to have the MT82 rebuilt. I'll try to get video Thursday showing what I am seeing and how the kit is as is, out of the box and no grill mods (note: My car is a 2012). :cheers:
Okay. Till Thursday tho, I call shenanigans and wizardry. WIZARDRY!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have an answer for this. My 2016 after sitting cold all night reads about 5-6* above ambient on cold start so I think there is an error in calibration there because it's always 5-6* above ambient no matter what. My 2013 did not have this issue it was dead on ambient on cold start.

Sponsored

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
I have an answer for this. My 2016 after sitting cold all night reads about 5-6* above ambient on cold start so I think there is an error in calibration there because it's always 5-6* above ambient no matter what. My 2013 did not have this issue it was dead on ambient on cold start.
I've actually noticed this too. Ford changed the air temp sensor in 15. From what I've noticed the calibration is a little off.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've actually noticed this too. Ford changed the air temp sensor in 15. From what I've noticed the calibration is a little off.
My wife's 2016 is the exactly the same 5-6* off as well so it must be a sensor or calibration issue.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
lol the 11-14 kits run a little cooler than the 15+. The heatshield and the way the air enters from the front is completely different.
Thanks for clarifying. The heat shields are way different on the back side/around the MAF but I didn't think it was much different up front.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, mine seems to be accurate as you stated. This could also be why [MENTION=13215]Varekai[/MENTION] see's higher temps.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
lol the 11-14 kits run a little cooler than the 15+. The heatshield and the way the air enters from the front is completely different.
The 13 definitely has a better grille inlet. Even with my grille delete there is not a straight shot for the incoming air because the grille shell pillar is kind of in the way. I'm going to try to fab up a ram air scoop for mine.
Sponsored