Please help

Anri2018gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anri
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2018
Have a 2018 5.0 with pypes long tube headers and roush cai, on low rpms vehicle is very slow, after 4000 rpms go better. When gear is neutral engine off. Without custom tune. Please help!!!
Sorry for my english
Sponsored

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
Have a 2018 5.0 with pypes long tube headers and roush cai, on low rpms vehicle is very slow, after 4000 rpms go better. When gear is neutral engine off. Without custom tune. Please help!!!
Sorry for my english
When did it start acting up? After you installed some of the mods?

OP
OP

Anri2018gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anri
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2018
If I'm reading this correctly, you installed headers without a tune. You can often get away with a "no-tune" CAI, but headers will always need one.
Ok thanks, today tested on dyno and vheicle shawn 390 whp is it normal?

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
Yes, when i installed these mods and driver side header sensor cable don’t reach and it is interlocked.
So you were unable to connect that sensor? I would start by retracing your steps to make sure there wasn't anything done incorrectly. Any codes? I agree with the above of a tune possibly being needed as well. Would recommend it either way as it will make a nice difference.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, when i installed these mods and driver side header sensor cable don’t reach and it is interlocked.

What are you saying, describing interlocked?

Go over the O2 sensor install, I believe your post indicates one side is not installed, connected. All parts removed must be reinstalled ......... period.

Installing your new header system :

• Using a small amount of anti-seize on the threads of the forward most O2 sensors install them in the same relative locations as they were removed. Note be careful not to contaminate the tips of the O2 sensors with anti- seize or any other foreign matter that would cause the sensors to malfunction.

• Now it is time to install your new Pypes mid-pipes. Depending on the model you chose different cat-back options are available.

For the best sound we highly recommend either our H-box or X -box 3" cat- back systems. Both are tuned specifically to your

long-tube headers to give you the most sound and performance.

• Start by loosely connecting each mid-pipe to the header collector using the supplied hardware. Now you can recon nect your

cat- back system and make any alignment adjustments. Once you are satisfied with the alignment of your system finish tightening

the header flanges and butt connect clamps.

• On Manual trans cars, connect the oxygen sensor wires to the factory harness using the supplied extender on the front passenger side. There is

enough slack in the factory harness to connect the rear sensors. Again, be careful routing the harness so that it is not in contact with any moving parts

and heat sources. The extra one is either a spare or can be used on the driver’s side, but not needed.

• On Auto trans cars, connect the oxygen sensor wires to the factory harness using the supplied 2 extenders; one on the front drivers side and the other

on the front passenger side. There is enough slack in the factory harness to connect the rear sensors. Again, be careful routing the harness so that it is

Last edited:

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Sorry for my english
You need a tune when installing headers