Sponsored

Please help! '17 GT PP1. Issue going from 1-2 gear (MT82).

Plomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2009 370Z, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Hi everyone!

New timer here. Lurked the forums for about a month before I bought this Mustang a few weeks ago. It's a used (with bumper to bumper) 2017 Ruby Red GT PP1 with 16K on the odo.

Let me preface this by saying that I've driven standards for the majority of my years.

I'm having a weird issue going from 1st to 2nd gear at 6500 RPM. It's not a rough shift (as lock-out is a common theme with this tranny, and I baby it 99% of the time) but I'll shift into 2nd, and as I ease on the throttle, the car will bounce at redline as if I didn't even shift into 2nd. Feels like it's stuck in 1st. I have to get back on the clutch pedal and shift to neutral ASAP because the thing sounds like it's going to blow up.

Slow shifting and everything is back to "normal" (still very clunky between gears, occasional 3rd gear grind when it's cold). Only mod I personally did was remove the clutch assist spring because I could barely feel where the clutch would bite and let go prior to that.

Feeling some major buyer's remorse right now. The only solutions I'm seeing online are to swap to a Tremec TR6060 or to toss in a Mantic clutch. Seems kinda odd that I have to invest another 10-15% of the car's initial value to get it working properly, and void the warranty.

So, I was hoping you guys could share some wisdoms. If it helps, the dealership salesman did not discuss the driving habits of the previous owner. The previous owner used to be a salesman at the same dealership. Per one of the service techs, owner #1 used to drive the hell out of it, and even wrecked the 2016 GT he had prior to it. This makes me feel like this mustang was also beat to hell and back for the 16K miles it has. No accidents on the carfax, but who knows really.

Any thoughts? Apologies for the wall of text.

Sponsored