Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I do and yes, the stereo enhancements that I made did make a huge difference over the factory B&O.
What amp are you using?
Thanks for letting me pick your brain.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Make sure you think through the system, before throwing this or that at it. I've heard a few where the owners spent big dollars and it sounded worst, even though the components were of a better quality than the B&O stuff.

I do believe NGOT8R is way ahead of many of us on here in the knowledge of the electrical field....which includes audio.

What amp are you using?
Thanks for letting me pick your brain.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Make sure you think through the system, before throwing this or that at it. I've heard a few where the owners spent big dollars and it sounded worst, even though the components were of a better quality than the B&O stuff.
Yeah. I completely replaced the system in my C7. I did a ton of research.
I think the Mustang may be more difficult.
I think if I just put in the JL Audio Sub and Morel coax in rear I should be ok.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It sounds like we have been down similar roads. I can tell you the C7 is a piece of carke compared to making things great in a B&O system.

The two items you mentioned will make it sound better. Be aware that many people will tell you to not use rear speaker, or the center. It might be me, but I disagree with that theory. The Morel will be better than the stock.......now the issue is, you might then want to upgrade the front stage to then compliment the rear lol.. I think putting the Morels in the doors will also make a big difference.

I listened to a system while it was still in the install bay. It consisted of the Focal Flax set ($999) in both door locations and the pillar tweeters, Morels in the rear and two JL Audio DSP series amps...now the downside is, that it was an $8K install. And it is now hard to get those costly JL Audio DSP amps due to a factory fire in Japan.

Yeah. I completely replaced the system in my C7. I did a ton of research.
I think the Mustang may be more difficult.
I think if I just put in the JL Audio Sub and Morel coax in rear I should be ok.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I haven't personally heard those. I tend to comment on the things Ive heard with my own ears. Try Sonix Electronics for the Morel 602s.

It's getten harder every day to find good components in stock. A lot of electronic manufactors have taken a big beatdown due to the chips and other items becoming scarce.

I'm thinking of that also. What else do you recommend for the doors?
I'm also looking at this but I don't know if the system has an active crossover.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIU6A/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-603A.html?omnews=15445877

Crutchfield has discontinued the Morel Integra 602 for some reason.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Those show a mounting depth of 2 7/8”. I don’t know if they will fit, but I do know that Hertz DSK 165 mid-bass woofers fit, because I have them and there are zero clearance issues. If you don’t care to try Hertz or any of the other other brands/models used by others, I would at least go off of the Hertz technical data sheet to make sure that which ever brand/model you’re considering will fit. As you can see here in the photo, Hertz mounting depth is 3/8“ less than the Cerwin Vegas.

7357571D-6F81-486A-8AE9-AB9DC77CCF39.png

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Those show a mounting depth of 2 7/8”. I don’t know if they will fit, but I do know that Hertz DSK 165 mid-bass woofers fit, because I have them and there are zero clearance issues. If you don’t care to try Hertz or any of the other other brands/models used by others, I would at least go off of the Hertz technical data sheet to make sure that which ever brand/model you’re considering will fit. As you can see here in the photo, Hertz mounting depth is 3/8“ less than the Cerwin Vegas.

Thanks!

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I agree. I haven't heard anything from Cerwin Vega since the 90's and those were outstanding home audio speakers.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I have those in my car. Their sound is excellent, even though they have aluminum dome tweeters their sound signature is very neutral and natural. They have a high sensitivity rating which means you could use them with the factory amp too(which I would recommend trying first before buying aftermarket amp). I have Cerwin Vega amp hooked to them,but between these speaker’s high sensitivity and crappy factory headunit I can’t really take advantage of the full capability of them. I pretty much had to set the gains to minimum on my amp in order to not to get the dreaded hissing noise from the headunit(noise floor of the headunit)

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have those in my car. Their sound is excellent, even though they have aluminum dome tweeters their sound signature is very neutral and natural. They have a high sensitivity rating which means you could use them with the factory amp too(which I would recommend trying first before buying aftermarket amp). I have Cerwin Vega amp hooked to them,but between these speaker’s high sensitivity and crappy factory headunit I can’t really take advantage of the full capability of them. I pretty much had to set the gains to minimum on my amp in order to not to get the dreaded hissing noise from the headunit(noise floor of the headunit)
Thanks for the review!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Haha! I thought that too, but the rear deck speakers are coaxials which is how they come up with 12. I agree that’s some BS. Slick marketing is what that is.
It should be listed as 12 drivers, not 12 speakers. But that just confuse the general buying public.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I agree. I haven't heard anything from Cerwin Vega since the 90's and those were outstanding home audio speakers.
Same here, but Because of the home units I took a risk and bought a set of 6.5" two way separates . and They sounded good. for what they were. But they have a deep basket. Deeper basket speakers can move more air than the shallow units.
Those went into a truck and for the price point 99 bucks, shocked me. not high end gear, but sounded better than I thought a set of 99.00 separates would.
Sponsored