Sponsored

Pinion Angle

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I know there's a huge thread on drivetrain vibration. I did search the trans / drivetrain for pinion angle and came up null. To my knowledge pinion angle isn't adjustable on the 2015 gt it has to be rigged with longer bolts and washers. Anyone have any other solutions? I'm at my witts end and if I can't figure this out I'm selling everything on the car and getting rid of it.
Sponsored

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
I fixed my pinion angle and my vibe 100 percent. Read my posts in that thread. 1200 miles since fix and so far so good. Be patient you can get it.

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
Went to Hardware store and was unable to find compatible bolts. I'm more than exhausted with tracking this issue down. Anyone want to by a 600 HP Vibrator? Trust me your wives will love riding in this car at 65 MPH.

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
I see your in Tampa. Pm me your number and we can discuss what's been done and what else we could try. I got mine really good. We might be able to get yours better, no gaurentee. I have a lift and some free time.
Lester

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I've shimmed the trans about 1/4" and it seems to made a slight positive difference but it is still very noticeable. [MENTION=29803]CNCLester[/MENTION] PM sent!

Sponsored

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
You could also consider taking it to BMR since it's local to you.

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
You could also consider taking it to BMR since it's local to you.
The only problem is I haven’t spent much money with them. I’ve only bought springs with the local discount. So there isn’t anything for them to adjust. If I had bought a whole suspension system then I know Kelly would try to help me out. I wonder if I could pay him to look at it. I don’t want to spend anymore money on parts if I can’t fix it. I’ve got about 11K in the car right now. Honestly I’m starting to look into other vehicles. I’m pretty close to just parting it out and trading it in.

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
2016 CS
I know how said this is, I worked with the dealer to my wits end doing all kinds of things. It finally came to me and a S.S. hose clamp to fix the problem. I love this car so much and waited so long to get one I couldn't stand the thought of trading in and getting ripped off by the dealer.

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I bought some hose clamps and I’m not opposed to using them but if I ever do any serious racing will that pass tech?

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I bought the car with the intention of making it a weekend warrior / track car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
how do you know the pinion angle is an issue ?
I don’t but I’ve replaced every part in the drivetrain except the diff and the characteristics of the vibration are the same so I wanted to try adjusting that as it was suggested to me.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t but I’ve replaced every part in the drivetrain except the diff and the characteristics of the vibration are the same so I wanted to try adjusting that as it was suggested to me.
is this the 50-70 vibration? manual or auto ?