oceantracks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just got a 2016 GT350.

Having trouble getting the visual shift indicator to do anything but show the default Tach mode left-to-right indicator. When I wanted to change it to the TRACK mode where they meet in the middle, it showed it was selected, but when driving did not work. Changed it over from SPORT to Track mode, still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here?

thx
Tom
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
id say probably lol. but with out seeing exactly what youre doing its hard to say

OP
OP

oceantracks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
id say probably lol. but with out seeing exactly what youre doing

Well what I am doing is selecting the mode I want pressing OK so that the blue dot indicates that mode is active…

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just got a 2016 GT350.

Having trouble getting the visual shift indicator to do anything but show the default Tach mode left-to-right indicator. When I wanted to change it to the TRACK mode where they meet in the middle, it showed it was selected, but when driving did not work. Changed it over from SPORT to Track mode, still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here?

thx
Tom
It's a little hard to figure out what the exact problem is. The shift lights are set up through the Track Apps menu and it's fairly straightforward. Go into Track Apps, scroll down and select Performance Shift Indicator, set the Shift Point RPM, turn the Shift Tone on or off, set the Shift Light Mode and Shift Light Intensity and go driving. The shift light doesn't depend on being in Sport or Track modes - it works all the time when it's set.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Check what the RPM shift point is set for. If its high like 7800 RPM and you are shifting at 6000 RPM it may not be lighting. I noticed mine disappeared at lower RPMs when I raised the shift point. Try to set it lower like 4500 RPM and try it.

OP
OP

oceantracks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Check what the RPM shift point is set for. If its high like 7800 RPM and you are shifting at 6000 RPM it may not be lighting. I noticed mine disappeared at lower RPMs when I raised the shift point. Try to set it lower like 4500 RPM and try it.
Exactly what it was. I just got off the phone with Ford Performance and he suggested that.
What had confused me was in normal TACH mode the display is always there, even if it's barely moving at lower speeds. When switching over to TRACK mode, the shift point is much higher (haven't looked yet at where it is) so it doesn't even show up at all until you
are way up there. Thanks everyone! Sure love this car!
Sponsored