Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
Ok, I know that quite a few of you have had the 'oh it's RHD' and 'it can only go in a straight line' type comments, but I had an amusing one tonight.

Last knockings at work and I grabs a coffee from the crew room before heading off. Another member of staff from another depot is in and strikes up the following conversation.

Him: I saw your new car yesterday, it's lovely

Me: thanks, I'm really pleased with it

Him: I wouldn't pay that kind of money on any car though, you must be nuts!

Me: Really?, how much did I spend then?

Him: well someone told me you paid £50k for it.

Me: Really, do you always believe what 'someone told you?'

Him: Well, I wouldn't spend that amount, I'd only spend £12k Max on a car (smug look on his face)

Me: What if I told you that I only paid £10k + my car, that's £2k less than you would pay for an ecodieselhybryddoofler

Him: (Smug face disappeared) Well, well, I just wouldn't

I then gave him an economics lesson, littered, I admit, with some man maths, that his £12k car would be worth @ 30% in three years, but my '£50k' car would be worth @66% (he was too thick to argue against this and was starting to breath through his mouth, which I'm sure he does all the time anyway)

That he would be running around in an ecodieselhybryddoofler looking like a twat, while I would make new friends and enjoy many conversations with new people in my '50k' car.

His Mrs and probably sisters would be soiling themselves to have a pass ride in my car, whereas, they would rather take a taxi than sit in his pile of shite.

I thanked him for telling me how he thought I should spend my money and that he should sew up the pockets in his shroud, oh, there isn't any!! I then said that his children would probably use all the pennies that he'd pinched, when he shuffled off, to buy a Mustang :lol:

What a dick!!

I never let him know that the Mustang was £35k and, that his perception that my Nismo was worth £35k was wrong either. I just skipped off in the night and drove my '£50k' car home :D
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I had some rims installed on the weekend and had the wheels balanced. I looked up at the monitor and he was balancing the wheels for a Ferrari. :lol:

Felt flattered until I realised that he should probably balance them correctly

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Love the way that conversation started. "Your car's nice...but..." :D

Got to admit though there's never been another car that's made me want to buy new or spend as much on. And it was almost without question.

January 2015
me: I need to spend £30k
wife: on what? ah, ok then.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
The cop who stopped me for being naughty a few weeks ago said, what are these then 120k, 150k?

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was sort of in the same boat as you - no smugness in return but I did have two guys approach me to take photos of the car when I was at the Cinema on Sunday, and they said "you must have a good job!" - both of them assuming this beast of a machine must've been a good £50k at minimum.

Nope. £33k. Same as your stripper model 4-pot Diesel 5-series.

When I got my exhaust changed the bad timing meant it was during match traffic - so loads of people were walking past the mechanics eye-balling the car, one lad going "what is that? It just says GT on the back." I answered "Its a Ford Mustang." He just went wide-eyed as if to say "that's a Ford!?"

The best thus far has to be when waiting at the lights on a roundabout. Young lad and lass to my left in a small van just staring at the Mustang. Lad revs his little 4-pot van looking at me with a massive grin waiting for me to rev back - I obliged. :D

The lad just laughed and the lass lit up like a Christmas tree, flailing her arms with the biggest smile I've ever seen. Me thinks she'll be after one of these cars soon enough. :lol:

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
Ok, I know that quite a few of you have had the 'oh it's RHD' and 'it can only go in a straight line' type comments, but I had an amusing one tonight.

Last knockings at work and I grabs a coffee from the crew room before heading off. Another member of staff from another depot is in and strikes up the following conversation.

Him: I saw your new car yesterday, it's lovely

Me: thanks, I'm really pleased with it

Him: I wouldn't pay that kind of money on any car though, you must be nuts!

Me: Really?, how much did I spend then?

Him: well someone told me you paid £50k for it.

Me: Really, do you always believe what 'someone told you?'

Him: Well, I wouldn't spend that amount, I'd only spend £12k Max on a car (smug look on his face)

Me: What if I told you that I only paid £10k + my car, that's £2k less than you would pay for an ecodieselhybryddoofler

Him: (Smug face disappeared) Well, well, I just wouldn't

I then gave him an economics lesson, littered, I admit, with some man maths, that his £12k car would be worth @ 30% in three years, but my '£50k' car would be worth @66% (he was too thick to argue against this and was starting to breath through his mouth, which I'm sure he does all the time anyway)

That he would be running around in an ecodieselhybryddoofler looking like a twat, while I would make new friends and enjoy many conversations with new people in my '50k' car.

His Mrs and probably sisters would be soiling themselves to have a pass ride in my car, whereas, they would rather take a taxi than sit in his pile of shite.

I thanked him for telling me how he thought I should spend my money and that he should sew up the pockets in his shroud, oh, there isn't any!! I then said that his children would probably use all the pennies that he'd pinched, when he shuffled off, to buy a Mustang :lol:

What a dick!!

I never let him know that the Mustang was £35k and, that his perception that my Nismo was worth £35k was wrong either. I just skipped off in the night and drove my '£50k' car home :D
Hilarious :clap2:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The best thus far has to be when waiting at the lights on a roundabout. Young lad and lass to my left in a small van just staring at the Mustang. Lad revs his little 4-pot van looking at me with a massive grin waiting for me to rev back - I obliged. :D
Yep, I'm always happy to oblige in these situations ;)

Similarly, if you're spotted by young kids their first reaction is usually to point you out to their mates........I give them a decent blip of the throttle and you're normally left with them open mouthed at that point :D

Gotta get the next generation of kids appreciating the Mustang :)

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had people in the lane next me get beeped because they've been watching me and not the lights :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say, i've had the same comments (of some sort) i'm asked mainly 'Are you importing it' and others 'How have you got a spare 60/70k to buy a car (Mainly people of upper management who, in Georges eloquent vocab drive "ecodieselhybryddoofler". :lol:

I'll happily oblige regarding the car worth more than it is comments! Can't wait for these comments in a few weeks :)

[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] Am i not the next Generation :O?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Apparently, everyone at work is talking about my car :gossip::D:first:

I'm going to start a rumour that I've won the lotto :lol:

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
pulled up to a petrol pump, lady on opposite side said " that is just compensation for a small penis"

I said, I am sorry it you must have been shit shag as i really don't remember sleeping with you

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had nothing but positive reactions from all sorts of people. As I'm a law abiding citizen, I stick to the speed limits including the national limit on a motorway, so many more people overtake me than I overtake (!?). Interestingly a lot of cars slow down as they pass you, often driving alongside for a short distance, but I'm usually too embarrassed to make eye contact.

I work at a place with a lot of 'high profile' people (I'm not one of them) and they all get the Merc VIP deal, so the car park is awash with brand new AMGs. I understand from talk amongst other plebs at the organisation that I might have put a few noses out of joint when I turned up at work in it for the first time last Friday. One of the Merc drivers even turned up at my dealers that afternoon and is trying to get their hands on one ASAP.

That makes me smile.
Sponsored