Sponsored

People who have/ordered black roofs: Why?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Is there a reason why you chose a $700 option as opposed to just putting black vinyl over it for ~$100? Was it convenience? I think that's a great way to save ~$600, and when it gets ugly in a few years, you can have a brand spanking new one on top. And you can switch back to the original color on a whim if your tastes changes.
Personally I think the painted black roof option looks terrific on these GT350 cars just as the painted black roofs looked great on some of the 2012 Boss 302 cars including the first 4 seat Pilot Production Boss 302 "PP0002".

When I was down in Sebring last October driving these cars I came across two GT350's that both had no stripes but just a black roof with these cars being Triple Yellow and Race Red in color and they looked outstanding.

If I ordered another GT350 it would either be Triple Yellow or Race Red with a Black roof and no stripes as they look terrific in my opinion.

Each to their own but for an extra $700 it certainly would be a no brainer for me!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
PP0002 039.jpg
Sponsored

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Gray GT350R
Question should be "Why not?" I'd check more boxes if it was possible.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Question should be "Why not?" I'd check more boxes if it was possible.

I just wish that in addition to the tech or track package options; ford would had allowed us to pick anything available as a separate options "a la carte". So I could truly spec this car the way I truly wanted.

That would be a good number of boxes. Probably weight too.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Glhshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Shelby GT350 Avalanche Gray w/Tech Package
I got the black roof on my AG 350 with black stripes because I think the way it color blocks the car really sets off the Avalanche Gray. Judging by the fact that the first thing most people ask me is about the color, I'd say it worked. ;)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is there a reason why you chose a $700 option as opposed to just putting black vinyl over it for ~$100? Was it convenience? I think that's a great way to save ~$600, and when it gets ugly in a few years, you can have a brand spanking new one on top. And you can switch back to the original color on a whim if your tastes changes.
You also have to factor in the time to go and apply it. Then in 5-7 years go back, remove the old one, reapply. Labor costs arent getting any cheaper.

If you like the blacked out roof, makes way more sense to have it factory painted, the up front "savings" just isn't worth it (not to mention no one in my area is going to apply it for $100)

I wasn't completely sold on the idea/look, so I did not pay for it. I might add it later, but my decision was based on flexibility and not the cost.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
It's really great looking, it's reasonably price and this car is about me getting what I want.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
But here's the elephant in the room question... Why a panoramic roof on a racecar? Makes no sense. 28 pounds is top-heavy weight.
You are absolutely correct. 28 pounds of weight up top is like a pendulum. I would not want those extra pounds in a road race car like a GT350. I absolutely love it in my daily driver '14 GT, and it doesn't slow it down noticeably at the drag strip (100% factory stock engine & suspension, 3850 lb race weight, and still runs 11.60's all day long in the 1/4 mile).

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
When I was down at the Laguna Seca event I spoke to a Ford Performance engineer for a fair but. During the conversation he mentioned his preference of a no striped black car as he thought that it makes the car look lower and wider.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I got the black roof on my AG 350 with black stripes because I think the way it color blocks the car really sets off the Avalanche Gray. Judging by the fact that the first thing most people ask me is about the color, I'd say it worked. ;)
It looks good. Adds nice contrast. Interior gets hot just turn AC on.
It's really great looking, it's reasonably price and this car is about me getting what I want.
^^^These. :thumbsup:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Forget the black roof on the GT350, how about those beautiful T-Tops on that lovely King Cobra Mustang in the background above - LOL!
Sponsored