Sponsored

People selling after short ownership.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I had no intention or interest in buying another car, especially new, until Iheard that there was to be an official import Mustang .

My owned since new '98 e36 is going in for an MOT today. Think its gonna fail big time and be too expensive to repair :(

I hope to have my Mustang for at least as many years .
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I understand both sides of the argument; at this money, I'll never have another car like it (especially new) but I also want to try an AMV8, 911 C4S, Audi R8... and they're all (age allowing) similar money. So... do you change and try new things, or keep and mod? I'd have one of each, as a hoarder, but I won't be allowed (nor have the money or space, but those arguments rarely enter in to "Man Maths") so after 12 months I, too, will probably assess and see what my options are.

That, and I get overly attached to sheet metal, so I like to keep things!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I understand both sides of the argument; at this money, I'll never have another car like it (especially new) but I also want to try an AMV8, 911 C4S, Audi R8... and they're all (age allowing) similar money. So... do you change and try new things, or keep and mod? I'd have one of each, as a hoarder, but I won't be allowed (nor have the money or space, but those arguments rarely enter in to "Man Maths") so after 12 months I, too, will probably assess and see what my options are.

That, and I get overly attached to sheet metal, so I like to keep things!
Don't be surprised if the AMV8 turns out to be a disappointment..... I had a mint 4.3..... It was not that quick, extremely thirsty, small boot, and everything from AM was a rip off....

Beautiful looking car though, and handled like it was on rails...sounded good too, so not all bad:)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't be surprised if the AMV8 turns out to be a disappointment..... I had a mint 4.3..... It was not that quick, extremely thirsty, small boot, and everything from AM was a rip off....

Beautiful looking car though, and handled like it was on rails...sounded good too, so not all bad:)

Yep, well aware (I've had 911s) and the costs are the No 1 reason I'm not buying an AMV8 right now. I don't fancy £800/£1200 services, £400 tyres and £2500 for a clutch.. that and it's going to be a 10 year old car. I will get one, one day, but it won't be sat on the drive. Scratch an itch and all that.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
I'm curious to know what sort of used prices are being asked for on your UK car sales websites?

Here in Australia sellers are asking around the $75KAU ($42K pounds) - (RRP is around the $63K-$67KAU) for used vehicles, and some dreamers are asking for $100,000AU ($57000 pounds).

Here is a link to one of the popular car sales websites in AU http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...ea=Stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious to know what sort of used prices are being asked for on your UK car sales websites?

Here in Australia sellers are asking around the $75KAU ($42K pounds) - (RRP is around the $63K-$67KAU) for used vehicles, and some dreamers are asking for $100,000AU ($57000 pounds).

Here is a link to one of the popular car sales websites in AU http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...ea=Stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
Try www.autotrader.co.uk or www.pistonheads.com and see for yourself. :)

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thing is how far do you go with modding if there's a chance you might sell in a year or so, will you get that money back.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thing is how far do you go with modding if there's a chance you might sell in a year or so, will you get that money back.
Unlikely, the second hand market does not usually like modified cars

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlikely, the second hand market does not usually like modified cars
Oh so true; though with niche cars like the Mustang the odd modification won't hurt if it's suspension/brakes etc. Cosmetic stuff is more troublesome as you've no idea who will like it.
Ultimately you'll get very little, or no, money from those mods come resale time.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I tend to trade my cars in every 2 or 3 years too. I know its not very smart as I hardly ever get any equity built up, but then again I usually avoid some of the maintenance expenses like tires or brakes. I even tried leasing a couple times, but that didn't work out as I had to watch my miles and couldn't do very many mods and had to keep it until the lease expired. I told myself I was going to keep my last couple cars at least until they were paid off, but something always seems to come up. My last car was black and a nightmare to keep the paint nice so I got tired of it and traded it in for a mustang gt. All I could afford was a base, but now I really wish I had some of the DD comforts of the premium model and because my new job commute is longer am now thinking of getting an auto.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The irony is that wealthy people who can afford limited edition Porsches, Ferraris etc, generally hold onto them and sell them for a profit. Where at the other end of the spectrum you have the PCPers who change constantly change their car and it costs them a fortune in depreciation.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Yep, well aware (I've had 911s) and the costs are the No 1 reason I'm not buying an AMV8 right now. I don't fancy £800/£1200 services, £400 tyres and £2500 for a clutch.. that and it's going to be a 10 year old car. I will get one, one day, but it won't be sat on the drive. Scratch an itch and all that.
The funny thing about that pic above, is that my mates 18 year old Griff would leave my Aston for dead in a straight line...:lol::lol:

I'd have another, but it'd have to be a 4.7:)

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
I used to swap cars often until I got a fully loaded Audi Quattro. The Mustang is a definately a keeper. It's such a joy to drive..... For the money, nothing comes close and I reckon it'll be good for quite a few miles.......Depreciation is the biggest cost in running a car, not fuel (unless you're lapping the Earth each year)....

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I'll hopefully be keeping mine for 10-15 years depending on second hand Mustang market. I think V8s especially with a stick shift will become rarer and rarer and thus hopefully more desirable. That is if they don't turn into rust buckets with the underseal issues!
Sponsored