Sponsored

People selling after short ownership.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've noticed a few on here are already selling their cars after only owning them for around 6 months, seems very sad after having to wait almost a year, am I missing something.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21573]twiggy[/MENTION] maybe down to their own financial situations, other priorities etc. Doubt it's down to the car as looking at [MENTION=13855]mattus[/MENTION] selling his - he'd modded it! Etc.
Never know what unfortunate circumstances life may bring or put you in and what not!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was from a cancelled order, 6 weeks before delivery. I've always wondered what they got instead lol

vikz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For me, I like to change cars regularly.
The Mustang is going to be an expensive daily driver to run for me when it comes at the end of this month.
As a result, I only intend to keep it for 12 months or so. I'll drive it until I get my fill (based on past experience that's how long it takes me to get bored) and then change to whatever floats my boat next.
I've always wanted a Mustang, but I'm sure once I've had it a while the novelty will wear off like it does with all my other cars.
I'm sure there's plenty of other serial car changers with the same mindset.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's funny as I always planned on keeping mine for life but just resent I've started to back track on that idea, not really sure why, I think a lot of the enjoyment was the wait (can't believe I said that) and now it's here it's well.....what do I do now, half the problem is the weather as I don't take it out in the rain, then I start thinking it's all a bit of a waste.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll probably keep mine until I kill it or it kills me :D

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
It's funny as I always planned on keeping mine for life but just resent I've started to back track on that idea, not really sure why, I think a lot of the enjoyment was the wait (can't believe I said that) and now it's here it's well.....what do I do now, half the problem is the weather as I don't take it out in the rain, then I start thinking it's all a bit of a waste.
Mod it.

Thats what Mustangs are made for.

Bored with 430bhp? Give it 700 :)

Bored with the exhaust, change it etc.

The list is endless, its the biggest + point for me.

I know ill start to get restless after 12m, so ill just change something major on the car and then ill be happy again.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm keeping mine because I think it will be one of the last manual n/a v8's ever made. It's old fashioned when it is built and that's what I like about it. The are folks out there who want the latest and greatest tech on offer and therefore they will quickly grow bored of the stang and hanker for the next car.
The long waiting list gave many people the chance to decide on something else while they waited so they may have also got something else on order and be keeping their stang a as stop gaps until the next bmw gets delivered. Not to mention the waiting list speculators!!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Same here..... I can't think of anything I'd want instead, especially at the sub £40k price point...:D

I still have a small hankering for a Jag XKRR (the 550bhp one) but then I look at the price, and the feeling subsides;)

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For me, I like to change cars regularly.
The Mustang is going to be an expensive daily driver to run for me when it comes at the end of this month.
As a result, I only intend to keep it for 12 months or so.
Not as expensive as the depreciation after 12 months :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not as expensive as the depreciation after 12 months :)
Well, can we just make sure everyone selling doesn't drop depreciation like a sack of shit, lets be honest, a markets controlled by the seller for first/second year depreciations. If everything is pretty much the same not gonna drag it down too much :rant::headbonk:

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
I am a serial car swapper but this time I really want to keep it. Not because its the best or because its something unique.

Its because its my first ever brand new car. Its got None listed under previous owners. Never had that before and its a big deal to me.

Hopefully life circumstances lets me buy a new car in a couple of years and I can have this as my baby to only bring out for fun on dry days. Until then I fully intend to drive it like I stole it!!!!!

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Same here..... I can't think of anything I'd want instead, especially at the sub £40k price point...:D

I still have a small hankering for a Jag XKRR (the 550bhp one) but then I look at the price, and the feeling subsides;)
If you mean XKRS it's awesome :thumbsup:
I'm in a real dilemma now absolutely love my Mustang and the Jag hardly gets used, but when I drive it it's wow :eyebulge:. Looks classy to me any way.
Rare as well. Do I keep it :doh:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting to see the only other car mentioned in this thread is a Jag xkr. I was split over a used xkr or a new mustang (first new car ever for me) too. The jag only lost due to unusable rear seats.
Sponsored