Paxton Supercharger

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I don't get caught up in dyno numbers. Just data logs making sure she's healthy. Its just a phase 2 Roush kit with a custom tune, gutted cats/3in cat back, and some suspension. it works well for what it is.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt competition Orange
I don't get caught up in dyno numbers. Just data logs making sure she's healthy. Its just a phase 2 Roush kit with a custom tune, gutted cats/3in cat back, and some suspension. it works well for what it is.
đź‘Ť

OP
OP

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt competition Orange
Okay guys just giving you an update. I took my Little Pony to the drag strip at Atco Dragway. For the first time since 2019. The best I did was a 12.358. I was disappointed and upset I ran five times twice I didn't do too good I bogged out. Another one was a mischief and other one was a 12-4. I was launching at 3000 RPM would my Mickey Thompson Street slicks at 20 lb of PSI. And I wasn't hooking I was dying out and hopping for the first 40 to 50 ft. My 60 ft was a 2.6 that was horrible. Any thoughts on how I can get a better lunch should I go up to 4000 or 4500 RPM? And release the clutch quick. Let me know what you guys think.

Last week I took my little pony to Rob's performance in New Jersey and he put a boost gauge when I put it on the dyno. And I ran 610 horsepower with 14 lb of boost at 7250 RPMs. I have a 3.6 pulley that's only rated for 10 lb of boost. I forgot to mention the first pull that he did I only ran 354 horsepower with no boost. We pop the hood and we noticed the pipe on the passenger side that's connected to the Paxton SC was disconnected the clamp hose came off. So we realized that's why I lost to my brother-in-law C8 Corvette so badly. I felt so much relief when I found out the issue so no belt slip.

so I'm trying to figure out why I have so much boost at 14 lb and any thoughts I appreciate some feedback.

Also What I did a few days ago I gut out the cats because I was told that could raise the Boost if they're clogged? And damage the engine So I went ahead and did that I don't know if I did the right move on the cats. Now my theory is to go back to the dyno and see what I'm running now and if my Boost went down to average 10 lb of boost. If it's not the cats what else can it be? Sorry for the long description hoping that I can get some feedback guys thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Okay guys just giving you an update. I took my Little Pony to the drag strip at Atco Dragway. For the first time since 2019. The best I did was a 12.358. I was disappointed and upset I ran five times twice I didn't do too good I bogged out. Another one was a mischief and other one was a 12-4. I was launching at 3000 RPM would my Mickey Thompson Street slicks at 20 lb of PSI. And I wasn't hooking I was dying out and hopping for the first 40 to 50 ft. My 60 ft was a 2.6 that was horrible. Any thoughts on how I can get a better lunch should I go up to 4000 or 4500 RPM? And release the clutch quick. Let me know what you guys think.

Last week I took my little pony to Rob's performance in New Jersey and he put a boost gauge when I put it on the dyno. And I ran 610 horsepower with 14 lb of boost at 7250 RPMs. I have a 3.6 pulley that's only rated for 10 lb of boost. I forgot to mention the first pull that he did I only ran 354 horsepower with no boost. We pop the hood and we noticed the pipe on the passenger side that's connected to the Paxton SC was disconnected the clamp hose came off. So we realized that's why I lost to my brother-in-law C8 Corvette so badly. I felt so much relief when I found out the issue so no belt slip.

so I'm trying to figure out why I have so much boost at 14 lb and any thoughts I appreciate some feedback.

Also What I did a few days ago I gut out the cats because I was told that could raise the Boost if they're clogged? And damage the engine So I went ahead and did that I don't know if I did the right move on the cats. Now my theory is to go back to the dyno and see what I'm running now and if my Boost went down to average 10 lb of boost. If it's not the cats what else can it be? Sorry for the long description hoping that I can get some feedback guys thank you in advance.
Get the tires down to 16.5psi cold. What was your MPH?

Sponsored