Passing emissions with my Procharger

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Chilton says the one of inputs for the HO2S Monitor is fuel rail pressure temperature (FRPT) sensor. What fuel injectors do you have ? Maybe new fuel injectors is changing FRPT data.

can the Stage II be de-tuned to an HO with the Ford Racing LU47 ? since those worked for the EO. Might make the car work better on Cali 91 as well.
I have the Deatschwerks 95lb (1000cc) injectors. Thanks also for the info on the injectors, I don’t see myself having the time to go with different injectors and deal with tuning in time for my smog check (no sniffer, just OBDII connection) is like 28-30 days and counting. I was able to get all but CAT O2 HO2 green this afternoon since installing the newest tune the other day. The CAT was ready pretty quickly last go around so kinda thinking it might soon. So my main focus is the O2s. I drove the crap out of it last go around doing the FSM 48-65mph thing. Now that I’m seeing others (as well as my tuner) mention the constant 40mph thing, I figure next thing to do is drive it that way as often as I can. At least that’s what my Tuner said, “Here’s a new revision, drive it.” Talk about a leap of faith.

I’ll look and see in the Ngauge if I can monitor FRPT. Do you or [MENTION=16352]markmurfie[/MENTION] know what PIDs can/should be logged that might help showing if there is an injector issue?
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I would give it a little more driving on the current setup to see if they go ready.

If they don't I would talk to your tuner to see if removing the BAP is an option with out a tune modification, just to get the monitors ready, not to do WOT pulls. The fuel rail pressure is inferred, most of the time with a BAP, The inferred pressure is off. If the ECU is trying to do precise fuel control with a higher rail pressure than it thinks, everything is going to be thrown off.

If the tunes not going ready, there's not much you can do, but go completely stock and get them ready or take it a step at a time until you find a tune and setup that works or end up at stock.

Ive attached a pic with max/min/thresholds for O2 and catalyst thresholds so you can make sure you have all PIDs in your logs.

Those catalyst thresholds are in LBs, of air, I covered up the unit. With delay allows more air, with out is less.

My guesses at what they mean.
No fault is the over all threshold that the cats are working before a cat efficiency code lights up the MIL.
Normal is what it should be under for readiness
SCL(step change logic) is the small sudden change in fuel used to check sensor response.

air lb/14.08= fuel mass that its going to use. .0000078 lb of fuel takes some good injector control. Consider at low fuel mass vales the larger injectors are flowing 70% more per second.
Emissions.PNG

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the Deatschwerks 95lb (1000cc) injectors. Thanks also for the info on the injectors, I don’t see myself having the time to go with different injectors and deal with tuning in time for my smog check (no sniffer, just OBDII connection) is like 28-30 days and counting. I was able to get all but CAT O2 HO2 green this afternoon since installing the newest tune the other day. The CAT was ready pretty quickly last go around so kinda thinking it might soon. So my main focus is the O2s. I drove the crap out of it last go around doing the FSM 48-65mph thing. Now that I’m seeing others (as well as my tuner) mention the constant 40mph thing, I figure next thing to do is drive it that way as often as I can. At least that’s what my Tuner said, “Here’s a new revision, drive it.” Talk about a leap of faith.

I’ll look and see in the Ngauge if I can monitor FRPT. Do you or [MENTION=16352]markmurfie[/MENTION] know what PIDs can/should be logged that might help showing if there is an injector issue?
Maybe you could run the canned HO tune with the Ford Racing 47 fuel injectors. Try to copy the setup that was used for the EO#. Not sure if that would require a different pulley. I don't imagine it would take much time to set that up. Or at least less time relative to driving around a lot trying to get the Monitors to turn green.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Chilton says the one of inputs for the HO2S Monitor is fuel rail pressure temperature (FRPT) sensor. What fuel injectors do you have ? Maybe new fuel injectors is changing FRPT data.

can the Stage II be de-tuned to an HO with the Ford Racing LU47 ? since those worked for the EO. Might make the car work better on Cali 91 as well.
When creating the ProCharger EO tune the injectors we changed for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.... (spray pattern) The LU47 injector has the exact same spray pattern as stock.
Nothing to do with anything else. Keeping the spray pattern the same saves us a lot of button pushing. :)

NOTE: I have ran our cars on three sets of injectors, and all set all monitors. (LU47's, 52's, 95's)

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
When creating the ProCharger EO tune the injectors we changed for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.... (spray pattern) The LU47 injector has the exact same spray pattern as stock.
Nothing to do with anything else. Keeping the spray pattern the same saves us a lot of button pushing. :)

NOTE: I have ran our cars on three sets of injectors, and all set all monitors. (LU47's, 52's, 95's)

Have you had all the monitors set on a car using a BAP? It sounded like markmurfie was saying the BAP effects the monitors.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Have you had all the monitors set on a car using a BAP? It sounded like markmurfie was saying the BAP effects the monitors.
BAPs only increase voltage with boost in the manifold. So It wouldn't make a difference getting the monitors ready. I wasn't thinking about it correctly and the BAP probably wont make a difference.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I read something that the fuel rail pressure temperature (FRPT) sensor signals the fuel pump. So BAP would be another variable.

Seems like there is a lot of variables.

Maybe the easiest thing is to just get an exhaust gas analysis like with the original smog tests. And if that doesn't show anything, then get another one, on dyno, at 60 mph or whatever, with CHT at 195F.

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I read something that the fuel rail pressure temperature (FRPT) sensor signals the fuel pump. So BAP would be another variable.

Seems like there is a lot of variables.

Maybe the easiest thing is to just get an exhaust gas analysis like with the original smog tests. And if that doesn't show anything, then get another one, on dyno, at 60 mph or whatever, with CHT at 195F.
you think that would that require another tune after disconnecting the bap?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
you think that would that require another tune after disconnecting the bap?
I don't know. I would probably just try to get an exhaust gas analysis. What's the chances the exhaust is within spec but the HO2S is stuck at not-ready?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
A BAP has literally nothing to do with monitors... and would have NO effect on any emissions testing, since it would never be "active" during any test.

Do not mess around with worrying about the BAP.
That would be a total and 100% waste of time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well, here’s my update from the weekend. Like I said the tuner sent me
Another revision last Tuesday and I couldn’t stop myself from installing it per his instructions. Well now I have CAT, O2, and HO2 not ready after 550 miles on this revision. This is strange because after installing the previous revision the CAT monitor cleared within the first hundred miles. Also this revision doesn’t like cold start ups. Sometimes I wonder if tuners just have a big jar of pre-written tunes they just pull files from and randomly send them whenever someone is having a problem. Anyway, just going to keep driving it.

This past week I probably put 40-50 miles doing a constant 40mph, so much for that being the O2 monitor trick.

Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
is there a procharger tune for Cali 91 ?
Our EO tune, for the EO kit is for 91/93

Technically there is no difference in the file from our normal HO and STG2 files, other then dialing in the fueling for the injector we picked for that system. The rest of the file is identical. (AKA, cam timing, spark timing, air fuel, etc)

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Is the EO tune different than what I would have recived in Georgia? Recently moved to NV with 91 and emissions

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Is the EO tune different than what I would have recived in Georgia? Recently moved to NV with 91 and emissions
Our EO tune is based around 47lb Ford Racing injectors.

The standard HO and STG2 systems are based on 52's and 95's.
So technically they are different.
Sponsored