Passenger Side Rear Noise/Clunk

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I recently got the car out for the spring and took it on a short 60 mile trip with drag radials on. About half way through the trip we were slowing down for a stop light and started to hear a clunking noise from the passenger side rear in sync with the speed of the vehicle. Drove it back home with no issues other than the noise which stops when I apply the brakes. Thinking it was most likely a loose axle nut I picked up a couple new nuts from Ford and did the 150ft-lb 1/8 Turn with Red Loctite torque let sit over night and took it for a spin. Got maybe a mile down the road and the noise was back when I started to slow down. Same thing noise would stop when I applied the brakes. Ordered a couple new hubs thinking that was most likely the issue since the Axle Nut didn't fix the problem. Installed a new hub and another new axle nut, pulled out of the drive and made it maybe 10ft and the noise is still there. The hub seems solid but I am able to grab the stock axle and move it in and out, would it be possible the joint on the back side of the hub is bad? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored