Sponsored

Parts gurus, need help finding/identifying trans temp sensor part #

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I sold my 3160 and left the temp sensor in the trans.

Now I need to buy one (preferably OEM) and I'll work out an adapter for my Magnum swap. It never occurred to me that the Magnum wouldn't have a temp sensor.

If there's an easier path (i.e. someone knows for sure a different temp sensor that has the same # of wires and the signal will work) please advise. I'd prefer the simplicity of working out the fitting adapter over messing with electrical connector issues and such.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So after an ass load of super sleuth nonsense, here's what I've found. This will be in the thread for others that search to find it.

1) There are 2 sensors on that side of the TR3160. A vehicle Speed Sensor and a "TFT" (transmission fluid temperature) sensor.

The part number that comes up for the TFT is FR3Z6G004A.

The part number that comes up for the VSS is BR3Z7H103A.

When you do a search for the TFT part number, it gives a bunch of results which show the correct part, but are all improperly labeled "vehicle speed sensor." Some of the aftermarket alternates show a similar style sensor but are labeled things like "cylinder head temp sensor" etc.

When you do a search for the VSS part number, it definitely comes up as the vehicle speed sensor, which is very different (with different mounting style and bracket).

The gentlemen that helped me from the parts desks (at 2 different dealerships) basically said it's probably just mislabeled by everyone, if it shows the proper part and we're sure it's definitely NOT the VSS.

I ordered one of the very limited few that's actually on hand and not backordered. I'll be able to verify once installed. More to follow.
Sponsored