Pandora

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Is there a Pandora app that can be added to the my ford touch system? I had a pioneer in my last car that had Pandora as one of the inputs and it worked nicely with the app on my phone through Bluetooth. I know I can stream it but I can't change channels, etc. Anyone have this installed on a car with sync 2? Can it be done?
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I don't think you can add any apps to synch 2. Best you can do is stream via blue tooth or USB if your phone supports it.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
It isn't an app per say.. But if you stream it through Bluetooth it will function as if it were integrated.. It will show song info and you have some of the capabilities.. I do t use Pandora myself so I am not too familiar but I have tested it and know it works

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Heck even my base radio shows thumbs up and down which is a core feature of making Pandora work, but I wish it wouldn't make the app on my phone black out and just show the Ford sync emblem forcing me to use the car radio to control the app.

OP
OP
ktp1598

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
The thumbs up and down feature would be nice. I mostly want to be able to change the station though. I don't like messing with the phone while driving. Haven't checked mine but my wife's 2015 edge (sync2) has a screen to download apps. What's that for?

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Thinks that's in the Mustang too... MS/Ford thinking ahead but never following up I guess...

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
You can do this in the base radio. I only tried it once and it was buggy. Will update my app and try again. Do we need to update SYNC? How?

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey everyone!

Pandora can be used on MyFord Touch (MFT) via Bluetooth, but you won't be able to utilize the thumbs up and down function. The "Install applications" button on MFT is to manually start an update or for dealers to re-add SYNC Services, navigation, Vehicle Health Report, and 911 Assist after an update. Hope that helps clarify things! :)

Rebecca

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It works fully. I have a base gt with sync 2 and can do thumbs up and down via the buttons but you have to change stations using voice control. You need to start the app by going to menu then sync apps then pandora (or add new apps then pandora) and start it that way for all the extras

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
It works fully. I have a base gt with sync 2 and can do thumbs up and down via the buttons but you have to change stations using voice control. You need to start the app by going to menu then sync apps then pandora (or add new apps then pandora) and start it that way for all the extras
Just to be clear, MFT and Ford Sync are not the same, the original poster asked if he could with MFT, the answer is no.
I rented a Fiesta for a long trip around the time when my F150 used $100 of gas every 3 1/2 days about 5 years ago? Anyway it had Ford Sync and like you said it worked pretty great. I used voice commands mostly.
Sponsored