Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this is the right spot?

I've been thinking lately of painting my calipers, I think it would really make the car look even nicer. I have an Ecoboost with the PP. I was thinking red would look good with Velocity Blue, but was also thinking..is it possible to color match? Or would that be way too hard to even attempt? What are you opinions?

I have completely 0 experience working with cars, so I would most likely try to find a shop in my area to paint them. Besides color, is there anything I should know about getting them painted somewhere, what method they use, etc..?
Sponsored

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
There are a lot of videos on YouTube on how to paint it. I sprayed mine and looks good. I even put a high heat sticker.
19843291-3C09-478F-A330-367C0F7EA31E.jpeg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I used red G2 Caliper Paint with mine, only did the fronts though. They also have options for color matching but Velocity Blue might be too new still, not sure.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I used red G2 Caliper Paint with mine, only did the fronts though. They also have options for color matching but Velocity Blue might be too new still, not sure.
They added Velocity Blue for me. And the paint was stunning. Based on G2's literature, it wasn't clear if their "exotic" colors, such as the triple pearl in VB would match, but it did in spades.

But FWIW, mine was defective. The catalyst would not mix with the paint. The visual effect was the much darker catalyst became streaks one or more bristles wide. I don't know how this will effect the toughness of the coating since effectively its not an epoxy if the catalyst did not mix. I wanted VB to match the VB stripes I had painted on my OW S550. But even if the VB G2 paint wasn't defective, I wouldn't pick it again. And even more so on a VB car. IMO, a contrasting color is better.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
If you are going to have someone else paint them (which will entail removing them anyway) have them power coated and be done with it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you are going to have someone else paint them (which will entail removing them anyway) have them power coated and be done with it.
Might not be a good idea if serious tracking is a possibility.

Rotors temps can reach ~4 digits. Fluid with ~600 degree boiling points are needed. Powder coating (the cosmetic kind you are talking about) are rated for lower temps, mid 300s.

Lots of people do it BUT be aware of the downsides.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Where are you located? I have an extra set of gt brakes if you want them. One is already painted red, as I was experimenting with it. I can give you everything with it, front and rear rotors, front and rear calipers, all brake lines, and pads. If you're local, you can come pick it up any time you want, it's free.

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you located? I have an extra set of gt brakes if you want them. One is already painted red, as I was experimenting with it. I can give you everything with it, front and rear rotors, front and rear calipers, all brake lines, and pads. If you're local, you can come pick it up any time you want, it's free.
I really appreciate the offer! I'm in Southern California, are you in Arizona?

I think I will just try to find a place locally to get them painted. Thank you though!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I really appreciate the offer! I'm in Southern California, are you in Arizona?

I think I will just try to find a place locally to get them painted. Thank you though!
Yeah I'm in Phoenix. And no problem.
Sponsored