Sponsored

P1450 Code - Purge valve

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had this code come up couple of times over the last few months. Seems like it comes on a day or two after filling up with gas (after clearing it previously).

P1450 - Inability of Evaporation Emission Control System to Bleed Fuel Tank

Does anyone know the part number for this purge valve and where it's located? I've found a few ecoboost and v6 threads, but nothing on the 5.0.

I found the following part number, but I'm not sure if that is the part I'm looking for?
https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...9bXVzdGFuZyZ5PTIwMTUmdD1ndCZlPTUtMGwtdjgtZ2Fz

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sonicc

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Reactions: AXO

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
My Check Engine Light came on last week. I finally made it to my local auto parts store this morning. It scanned Error Code P1450, Looks like I am in the same boat. Thanks for posting the parts link :beer::thumbsup:

PS- I feel no difference in the way my vehicle runs or drives...........

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Great work guys, this is why I enjoy these forums R&D rules. Cost of part?

Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the posted Amazon link, $23.50

Entity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Had this error code come up in November '18. Didn't feel the car drive any different. Cleared it and it didn't come back until couple days ago. Have a 2016 gt.

silly question.. Would this be covered under the powertrain warranty ? Assuming not. Car is over 3 years and 60k old

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Had this error code come up in November '18. Didn't feel the car drive any different. Cleared it and it didn't come back until couple days ago. Have a 2016 gt.

silly question.. Would this be covered under the powertrain warranty ? Assuming not. Car is over 3 years and 60k old
My 16 was I just had mine done in Jan.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought and replaced the Purge Cannister myself. $30 from Auto Parts Discount. Took about 15 minutes to swap out. No more CEL.. :thumbsup::rockon:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Should be covered under the emissions system warranty.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I got this code earlier in the week. Reset it and it came back this morning. Went to the dealership and picked up the replacement for $32. After about 15 minutes all installed and code erased.

OP
OP
sonicc

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To be honest with you I didn't check. I didn't feel like dropping the car off at the dealer and then having to pick it up few days later for something simple. It was just too much hassle at the time since my other car (daily) was down.

Entity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Thank you all for the suggestions / help. Ended up just buying the part and swapping out myself. The CEL is still on after driving around 30 mins. What would be the next thing to test, if its not the purge valve?
Is there a guide as to how often the sensor checks for this / how long I should drive if the CEL is on to auto clear it? I did not want to just clear the CEL using the OBDII port - would have given me more peace of mind if it cleared itself.
Thanks

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thank you all for the suggestions / help. Ended up just buying the part and swapping out myself. The CEL is still on after driving around 30 mins. What would be the next thing to test, if its not the purge valve?
Is there a guide as to how often the sensor checks for this / how long I should drive if the CEL is on to auto clear it? I did not want to just clear the CEL using the OBDII port - would have given me more peace of mind if it cleared itself.Thanks
I'd clear the code and see if it returns. Might take many driving cycles for it to clear by itself.