Sponsored

p0315 after installing FP power pack 2

6MT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium 6MT
Hey all.
just installed FP power pack2, and tuned with procal that come with this kit.
Anyone know how to crankshaft relearn using procal?
I can't find any information using procal to fix the P0315 code.
Others said HP Tuners or SCTx4 has the relearn feature; however, I only have procal.
Any input would be highly appreciated!
Sponsored

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
The CEL was caused from the kit?

OP
OP
6MT PONY

6MT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium 6MT
The CEL was caused from the kit?
Yup, the kit included FRPP tune. Also, many people claimed that the P0315 code popped up after installing any tune like FRPP or other tunes.
I might find a solution. Someone said going to "profile learning" in the procal SW. Then, throttle past 3k rpms and once you do this one or two times, the code should disappear. Gotta try it tomorrow morning. If it doesn't work, I will just give it to the dealer.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yup, the kit included FRPP tune. Also, many people claimed that the P0315 code popped up after installing any tune like FRPP or other tunes.
I might find a solution. Someone said going to "profile learning" in the procal SW. Then, throttle past 3k rpms and once you do this one or two times, the code should disappear. Gotta try it tomorrow morning. If it doesn't work, I will just give it to the dealer.
Good to know I have the kit in my garage waiting to install next week. I also have forscan but havent really got into it. Hopefully one of those has a relearn function.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Hey all.
just installed FP power pack2, and tuned with procal that come with this kit.
Anyone know how to crankshaft relearn using procal?
I can't find any information using procal to fix the P0315 code.
Others said HP Tuners or SCTx4 has the relearn feature; however, I only have procal.
Any input would be highly appreciated!
Trying to do some research and it seems with the procal connected and laptop on you just rev past 4k rpms and it's supposed to relearn and clear the CEL.

Also found these instructions, maybe one of them will work lol.
The ProCal can absolutely do the relearn.
Under Programming - go to Profile Relearn, hit enter. It will throw a CEL. Blip throttle a few times above 3k RPM until the CEL disappears. All done.

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The Procal can absolutely do it. They call it 'profile relearn' and it's under the configuration tab of the software. The instructions say the below and it's on the last page. I'm also attaching a PDF of the instructions.

1618145578732.png

Attachments

OP
OP
6MT PONY

6MT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium 6MT
The Procal can absolutely do it. They call it 'profile relearn' and it's under the configuration tab of the software. The instructions say the below and it's on the last page. I'm also attaching a PDF of the instructions.

1618145578732.png
appreciate it highly!

OP
OP
6MT PONY

6MT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium 6MT
1618155619721.png

@J17GT thanks a lot! I made it, and cleared the P0315 code.

@Chomorro ProCal is disconnected from the car, so VIN or PCM show N/A now as shown above. For this process, unlikely FRPP tune (only ignition switch is ON, but not starting car), you need to start car actually, so you can rev higher than 4000 RPM. Also, if you still have the sound tube, remove your stock air box first, then try to remove the sound tube. You will have more room to play. Also, I only used 1/4 ratchet with 10mm long socket. Some said use extension, so I purchased extra extension for the ratchet, but due to the weird angle, it couldn't reach to the nut on the fire wall. Good Luck!
Sponsored