brentonm74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brenton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Afternoon guys and gals

My 2019 Mustang GT 10R has been in the shop since March 5th and I finally got her back home Friday. After back and forth with Ford for some weeks on exactly what was wrong with my car from it needs a new motor to pcm replacement, they finally discovered the issues was my CAI, we switched it back to stock air cleaner and the car is back to normal. Almost. So yesterday while driving, my exhaust modes turned off (unavailable warning) and I got a check engine light. I checked my digital gauges and noticed the inlet air is -40 and is not showing any movement at all. After a few minutes, the exhaust message popped up and the inlet air reading changed to --.

I pulled codes when I got home and got a P0113 code- IAT High Temperature. This code could be related to the MAF thats on the air cleaner but Im not sure. I checked the resistor on the MAF today and I'm getting 0 on my meter. Has anyone with a S550 seen this issue before? Im trying not to put my car in the shop again Im hoping to swap the sensor and it fixes the issue but I don't know if the PCM is seeing the sensor properly. I don't see any wire damage to the connector that I can see. Is there a IAT sensor separate from the MAF sensor?
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I havent heard of any issues with those. It does sound like a sensor issue to me. As far I knew the iat sensor is in the maf. Did the shop replace the maf?

OP
OP
brentonm74

brentonm74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brenton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I havent heard of any issues with those. It does sound like a sensor issue to me. As far I knew the iat sensor is in the maf. Did the shop replace the maf?
Not yet. I ordered one and it will be here Wednesday. The dealership can't get me in until.weeks end so hopefully this MAF sensor fixes it. They had ZERO clue what was going on with this car. All my issues started after I got fuel. I had a tune on it last year and I haven't tuned it back from stock since. I've run this CAI setup for some time. I think the sensor was the #1 issue from the start.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here’s what I would have done before throwing parts at it….

Make sure the MAF orientation is correct and was not installed backwards or upside down (whichever way you want to say or look at it). It’s been posted about on here more than a few times where shops or owners have accidentally reinstalled the MAF in wrong orientation.

Do a wiggle test and make sure connector to MAF was secure. After wiggle test, check the MAF harness connector at the sensor for any damages to it where the pins are located inside the connector. Pull any wire conduit sheathing back on the MAF harness and made sure there were not any damaged wires. Check harness for continuity to again make sure that the harness has not been damaged (I think Ford refers to it as a pin-out test).

After checking the above and making any fixes (if needed), next step would have been to clear existing DTC, run vehicle for some distance and see if it throws the same code.

OP
OP
brentonm74

brentonm74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brenton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Here’s what I would have done before throwing parts at it….

Make sure the MAF orientation is correct and was not installed backwards or upside down (whichever way you want to say or look at it). It’s been posted about on here more than a few times where shops or owners have accidentally reinstalled the MAF in wrong orientation.

Do a wiggle test and make sure connector to MAF was secure. After wiggle test, check the MAF harness connector at the sensor for any damages to it where the pins are located inside the connector. Pull any wire conduit sheathing back on the MAF harness and made sure there were not any damaged wires. Check harness for continuity to again make sure that the harness has not been damaged (I think Ford refers to it as a pin-out test).

After checking the above and making any fixes (if needed), next step would have been to clear existing DTC, run vehicle for some distance and see if it throws the same code.
Agreed. I drove it yesterday and no check engine lights at all. The reading is still showing -40. When I'm at idle, it will drop down to in temp so say -15. Once I start driving, it goes back up again. The only change I can see them screwing up was they flashed my pcm since it's new and I wonder if that caused the issue.