P0050

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
My car has corsa longtubes. I've been getting P0050 recently. I'm happy to replace the 02 but I assume this is related to headers. Has anyone experienced this, if so, did replacing the sensor offer a long term solution?

Edit: After some researching I have decided to order a new 02 sensor and a bung extender to increase longevity. I believe this code is actually a faulty sensor, since it's the pre-cat sensor on bank 2. I will update this thread when the parts are in if the repair took care of the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Make sure you don’t have a burnt wire somewhere. Not out of the question with headers.
Is the sensor switching properly? It’s possible that it’s not getting up to temp quick enough due to the lonbtubes but performing properly once warmed up.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Make sure you don’t have a burnt wire somewhere. Not out of the question with headers.
Is the sensor switching properly? It’s possible that it’s not getting up to temp quick enough due to the lonbtubes but performing properly once warmed up.
I'll look when I get under there - will also inspect the old sensor once removed of course.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Had time to take a good look today. My extensions will be here tomorrow, so I can't do much until they come in. However, it looks like the shop that installed my headers didn't use extenders at all - they spliced the 02 sensor and ran some "custom" wiring and taped it up. Obviously electrical tape isn't much of a heat shield, so I'm assuming things are pretty messy inside. Once I get the new sensor, bung extender, and harness in I will update this thread to comment on if the issue is resolved or not.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Had time to take a good look today. My extensions will be here tomorrow, so I can't do much until they come in. However, it looks like the shop that installed my headers didn't use extenders at all - they spliced the 02 sensor and ran some "custom" wiring and taped it up. Obviously electrical tape isn't much of a heat shield, so I'm assuming things are pretty messy inside. Once I get the new sensor, bung extender, and harness in I will update this thread to comment on if the issue is resolved or not.
Do not run bung extenders on the upstream 02 sensors. The down stream (after cat) is fine to run them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Do not run bung extenders on the upstream 02 sensors. The down stream (after cat) is fine to run them.
I don't have cats, nor rear 02 sensors. The bung is to avoid condensation on the actual sensor, not to change the reading. Alejandro Flores from Lund has a great video explaining the reasoning behind running them in the upstream.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Righon thought you were running those big j shaped ones

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Righon thought you were running those big j shaped ones
Oh, nah.. those would be much cheaper though haha I wish that woulda done the trick! These are about $80 each now.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You don’t need o2 wire extensions. I order the o2 for the f150 because they are the same with longer wires.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
You don’t need o2 wire extensions. I order the o2 for the f150 because they are the same with longer wires.
Good to know for the future. Running what I have for now but if I have more issues I will go that route.

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
New sensor and extenders in. Problem solved!
Sponsored