Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
I hope you like em, ill never go bsck to sc’s. They last longer and cheaper too.
good luck.
Only thing with the 3Rs is they seem biased against us 18" guys which is discouraging.

Part of me really wants to run the Potenza RE-71RS next season but I'd have to run 295s. At 305 it's pretty much the AO52s, R888Rs, and other players.

One outlier I may try next season is the Conti Extreme Contact Force. I've always like Conti tires but the reviews on that tire are not that spectacular.

Have not heard a negative word about the RE-71s and at $372 for 295s I could get used to that price if they are up to the task. The other thing is the reviews have them excellent in the wet and I need my HPDE tires to be good wet because I keep A7s on my other wheels for Hillclimbs. But I'm thinking next year I may get a better set of dry tires and swap for track days and the few races I do and keep the RE 71s on the other wheels (which I put DWS on in the offseason in NJ)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I hope you like em, ill never go bsck to sc’s. They last longer and cheaper too.
good luck.
Ran the 3Rs HARD at COTA the last 2 days. Awesome tire! I replicated my best lap at COTA ever of 2:23 that I did on R7s.

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
I've been on a few tracks and I don't think people understand how fast you are going and the braking of these cars, it can be very intimidating, this is why I appreciate twisty tracks. Wish I had a pdk shifter on my GT350 for tracks, it would be glorious......

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I've been on a few tracks and I don't think people understand how fast you are going and the braking of these cars, it can be very intimidating, this is why I appreciate twisty tracks. Wish I had a pdk shifter on my GT350 for tracks, it would be glorious......
Yes! COTA has the most intense speeds and braking of the tracks I have been to. The back straight is 160+ and the front is 140+. Both straights have a more than 90 degree turn at the end. I ran Hawk pads and Motul RBF 700 for the first time at COTA this weekend. The braking was absolutely NUTS!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I always enjoy Goose17's videos! What was fascinating is how fast the Shelby slowed down for those really tight 40 MPH corners!

Awesome driving! I ate my desert while watching it...doubled the pleasure!

CVCashmere

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I always enjoy Goose17's videos! What was fascinating is how fast the Shelby slowed down for those really tight 40 MPH corners!

Awesome driving! I ate my desert while watching it...doubled the pleasure!

CVCashmere
Funny, thanks Carl! 🍻

SrBio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 Mustang GT, 02 F250, 97 Mustang, 78 Malibu drag car
I’ve been around the drag racing game since birth in 1965 but this looks like the most engaging thing I can imagine with a fine car. My only reasonable chance would be the Hallett track in Oklahoma and I will get there at some point. Excellent video, great car and superb skills. Thanks for sharing.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i love how it just sounds like a snarling dragon.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Yes! COTA has the most intense speeds and braking of the tracks I have been to. The back straight is 160+ and the front is 140+. Both straights have a more than 90 degree turn at the end. I ran Hawk pads and Motul RBF 700 for the first time at COTA this weekend. The braking was absolutely NUTS!
Awesome video!!! Talking about fast tracks, you should try Road America if you get a chance. There’s 3 straightaways that you’d be 150 plus with your car. It’s very intimidating the first few sessions. I also run the 3r and love that tire, way better than the cup 2 in my opinion. Keep the videos coming!

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I’ve been around the drag racing game since birth in 1965 but this looks like the most engaging thing I can imagine with a fine car. My only reasonable chance would be the Hallett track in Oklahoma and I will get there at some point. Excellent video, great car and superb skills. Thanks for sharing.
A great time to run Hallett is at the Ford and Shelby Nationals in Tulsa in June on fathers day weekend. Very well organized event that is based around driving our cars and not just looking at them. You get to spend 2 days (thursday & friday) on Hallett and they have groups for every skill level. You should look into it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! A group of us did a private track day at Hallett this summer. We are going again next spring. If interested, send me a PM and I’ll reach out to the guy organizing it to see if he has any spots open. We had a fun day there.
i love how it just sounds like a snarling dragon.
The sounds that come out of the 2020+ GT500 are absolutely awesome! A couple buddies recorded me going down the front straight at COTA this past weekend between the grand stands and the garages… it’s an echo chamber and totally freaking kick ass!
Awesome video!!! Talking about fast tracks, you should try Road America if you get a chance. There’s 3 straightaways that you’d be 150 plus with your car. It’s very intimidating the first few sessions. I also run the 3r and love that tire, way better than the cup 2 in my opinion. Keep the videos coming!
Thanks Jason! I rode right seat at Rode America years back in my friend’s 850 hp 2013 GT500… fantastic track! I hope to get my CFTP up there at some point.

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Ran the 3Rs HARD at COTA the last 2 days. Awesome tire! I replicated my best lap at COTA ever of 2:23 that I did on R7s.
What size 3R tire did you run? 305's all around?