Owners Manual is Useless

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So couple other quick questions, I have Ford Pass on my window sticker so it’s free for my to download and use via the App?

Also there’s some settings on my dash I think one is called Alarm just before the easy seat entry/exit.
Why would I want to disable it?

Rear park aid shows my a pop up every time I put it in reverse? Once you set the setting it still has to keep asking you if you want it on?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So couple other quick questions, I have Ford Pass on my window sticker so it’s free for my to download and use via the App?
FordPass the name of the app and it’s free. Now if you have a premium with the 401k you then add FordPass Connect, which is now also free. Go to the Ford Owner site for everything you need.

Also there’s some settings on my dash I think one is called Alarm just before the easy seat entry/exit.
Why would I want to disable it?
Normally you wouldn’t but gives you the option to do it if you want.
By the way, the manual is not useless, you just need to be patient and go through it
Pages 65 & 99.

Rear park aid shows my a pop up every time I put it in reverse? Once you set the setting it still has to keep asking you if you want it on?
Yes, I believe this is the case.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I found the alarm and I have it selected to ask me on it exit but it doesn’t ask me anything?
Is this an issue?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I found the alarm and I have it selected to ask me on it exit but it doesn’t ask me anything?
Is this an issue?
I know there a screen on shutdown that allows the perimeter sensors to be turned on and off (with the optional security system) but I’ve never really played with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ma
I know there a screen on shutdown that allows the perimeter sensors to be turned on and off (with the optional security system) but I’ve never really played with it.

Maybe that’s why I don’t have the optional system....

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The reverse parking aid pop up is a good one if you have anyone riding in your back seat. The audible beeping is ear shattering back there. When my daughter is in the car first thing I do after putting it in reverse is flip it off.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
What am I not getting about the computer in the dash. I understand it is great having navigation, but the other controls for Climate control, radio, is pretty much standard stuff.
I admit that I'm "behind the 8 ball" on new technology, but it seems this is the ticket to selling new cars. But really what do you do personally with this computer in the dash.

I read an article that most people never bother with it it or don't understand the tech in cars they own. I am one of those people, and really don't see the need to figure it out. What do you use it for?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Alarm on exit question relates to internal sensors. You need to use it on a ferry for example, or if you leave a person or animal inside the car when locked.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Alarm on exit question relates to internal sensors. You need to use it on a ferry for example, or if you leave a person or animal inside the car when locked.
Yeah but thing is I don’t think I have the option for alarm on exit because it never ask me about any of that.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but thing is I don’t think I have the option for alarm on exit because it never ask me about any of that.
That depends on whether you activate the option in the settings (assuming your car has the alarm system fitted). Do you have the sensors in the overhead light console ?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ma
Maybe that’s why I don’t have the optional system....
OK, let's start with the alarm. Now my car is a premium with 401A & Enhanced Security. I do not know what you have.
These are the three setting for the alarm that I have. You choose whether you want all sensors or perimeter only. Then you choose ask on exit. If you click on this you will see the third pic when you shut the engine off. This is just confirming your setting. You cannot change anything on the shutdown screen.

IMG_1913.jpeg
IMG_1914.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
OK, let's start with the alarm. Now my car is a premium with 401A & Enhanced Security. I do not know what you have.
These are the three setting for the alarm that I have. You choose whether you want all sensors or perimeter only. Then you choose ask on exit. If you click on this you will see the third pic when you shut the engine off. This is just confirming your setting. You cannot change anything on the shutdown screen.

IMG_1913.jpeg
IMG_1914.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg
You can change the setting after shutdown - that is what it is for. You have to do it before you open the door. Works that way in mine and other Fords as well
Sponsored