Sponsored

Overpressurizing Master Cylinder

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Hey everyone. I was just using my brand new Motive Power Bleeder to flush my brake system. I was keeping the system pressurized to 15 PSI +/- 2 PSI.

While I was doing the front passenger Brembo, the Bleeder fell off the shelf I had it sitting on, and the nipple that goes into the cap was damaged, letting air into the system. I looked at the bottle, and it was pressurized to 25 PSI.

I stopped there and cobbled together a new nipple, but I can't get a good seal, so I need to go to Lowe's to get some plumbing parts.

Anyway, some fluid leaked from the old nipple and the new. I've cleaned up everything I can find, though I'm sure there's some fluid inside the engine bay that'll drip out today or tomorrow or simply evaporate. RIP engine bay paint.

My worry is that I damaged the master cylinder by overpressurizing it. Anyone have any input?

JR
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How many PSI do you think the master cylinder delivers to the brakes? Its got to be more than 25. You can stand on the brake pedal and its fine. I think you’re fine. Worst case it would leak at the pressure bleeder to cap seal, or the pressure bleeder lines would leak. I doubt you could hurt the car if you tried.