• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ouch! I hope my mileage improves...

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Hey gang! New to Mustang, new to this forum. One week into my new GT 301A PP manual. Love my new ride, but wondering if my gas mileage will improve. Driving easy through the suburbs, have not pushed it at all, usually 3rd gear around town. I've almost finished my second full tank, and I'm getting 11.6 mpg. That's about 190 miles out of a tank. Ford does say "your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics" during the first 1000 miles, so I'm hoping dismal mileage is one of them!
New Vehicles usually get better mileage after about 4,000 miles.
One tank of gas won’t do it.
No need to not put your foot in it.
I believe they expect you to vary the R.P.M’s. for the first thousand miles or so.
Please remember the Gas mileage reflects your driving habits.
You need to figure out how to Trick the Computer?
Just takes practice & experimenting with out your Lead Foot.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
You need to figure out how to Trick the Computer?
Just takes practice & experimenting with out your Lead Foot.
Lol, just like when generally motoring along and lifting off the accelerator and seeing 99mpg instant.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Lol, just like when generally motoring along and lifting off the accelerator and seeing 99mpg instant.
Yes,
It happens after I fill my truck & go down Crow Hill & get 99 miles per gallon.
It doesn’t stay that way for very long.😇

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yes,
It happens after I fill my truck & go down Crow Hill & get 99 miles per gallon.
It doesn’t stay that way for very long.😇
How do you get to the
How do you get to the instant MPG reading? I stumbled on it once and cant find it since

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
19.3 at 4,500 miles on Average around town cruising and highway to the Plant for work. Some moderate accelerator pushing when on the highway at times. đŸ€­

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
How do you get to the

How do you get to the instant MPG reading? I stumbled on it once and cant find it since
Keep scrolling. In the Mustang it only goes to 40 (or at least ours) but the general machine powered unit in the other bay will do an instant and hit 99. See how the progress bar is higher than the average shown - that’s the instant - but i haven't discovered how to get to show the active vs average. It really doesn’t do much other than give me a game to play when getting bored - let’s see how high / far i can make it go.

S650 Mustang Ouch! I hope my mileage improves... IMG_0717

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Unless trip 2 has been reset it may show lifetime average as calculated by the system which may possibly be considered a common method/denominator for comparison purposes.

for example my trip 1 hasn’t been reset.

IMG_1713.jpeg
I really wish Ford would fix this. In my previous Ford (2017 F-150), I'd use Trip 1 to track when I needed to do an oil change and Trip 2 to track my MPG for each fill up. I've noticed two things with the S650 driver's HUD.
1. Trip 1 can not be hidden. I mean, you can set it to be, but it'll just pop right back up when you restart the vehicle.
2. Trip 2 only keeps the bottom left quad (Distance) while the other three fields reset with each vehicle restart.

Nace.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt PP, 2021 Explorer
I have roughly 6,000 miles on my 301a with PP and a manual. I just started seeing over 17 after about 4k miles. Miles usually displaying 18.3-18.5 combined driving. (35% city 65% HWY) cruising I'm usually in the 1500-2000 range. City I'm shifting right around 3k. Does get it's at least once a week burst to triple digits. Usually displays 269-297 range when full

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Hey gang! New to Mustang, new to this forum. One week into my new GT 301A PP manual. Love my new ride, but wondering if my gas mileage will improve. Driving easy through the suburbs, have not pushed it at all, usually 3rd gear around town. I've almost finished my second full tank, and I'm getting 11.6 mpg. That's about 190 miles out of a tank. Ford does say "your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics" during the first 1000 miles, so I'm hoping dismal mileage is one of them!
3rd gear tops? Must be very slow going. I am usually in 4th or 5th if it will support 2,000 RPM minimum. My first tank was 14 mpg. I'm closer to 18 mpg now with one 40 mile trip in 6th.

Last edited:

souljer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
And I didn't baby this thing from the start. I went easy for maybe first 100 miles just to get a feel for the car, let the juices circulate a bit, it's been full force ever since. If Ford didn't build this thing ready to play then that's what the warranty is for
Exactly how I feel!