Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Anyone order from them lately?
I just did on online and if I select ground shipping I get dinged with PA tax. If I order priority mail it’s cheaper and no tax, but I think I will get dinged with duty if my memory serves me right.

Anybody chime in on an order lately???

Thanx
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone order from them lately?
I just did on online and if I select ground shipping I get dinged with PA tax. If I order priority mail it’s cheaper and no tax, but I think I will get dinged with duty if my memory serves me right.

Anybody chime in on an order lately???

Thanx
So watcha gettin :turkey:
JK :cwl::cwl:

It’s weird eh, I did the Black Friday sale and no I did not pay any duty, box delivered, have a nice day.
just a unexplainable amount of shipping :angry:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
So watcha gettin :turkey:
JK :cwl::cwl:

It’s weird eh, I did the Black Friday sale and no I did not pay any duty, box delivered, have a nice day.
just a unexplainable amount of shipping :angry:
What I am getting is peed off with a no-way-to-win thing going on with shipping/no shipping, duty/no duty. Blah blah blah. :angry:

And that’s the other thing. I did an order to AM and forgot to finish it. When I went back a day or two later and completed it, the shippong amount changed. I don’t get it. :curse:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What I am getting is peed off with a no-way-to-win thing going on with shipping/no shipping, duty/no duty. Blah blah blah. :angry:

And that’s the other thing. I did an order to AM and forgot to finish it. When I went back a day or two later and completed it, the shippong amount changed. I don’t get it. :curse:
No way:shock: Shame on AM :thumbsdown::headbang:

I really try and find cheaper ways to get stuff with suffering a lot. I’m looking at getting the Covercraft sunshade and even with the “discount “ that cjs is having I still get it cheaper on amazon :handsinair:

When I do buy from them I try and wait for the big sale and order a boat load, it cuts down on shipping cause it seems like even if you buy just one item it’s like $25 minimum shipping :surprised:
I spend sometimes months at a time looking for the best price :facepalm: thank god for unlimited internet :cwl:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
No way:shock: Shame on AM :thumbsdown::headbang:

I really try and find cheaper ways to get stuff with suffering a lot. I’m looking at getting the Covercraft sunshade and even with the “discount “ that cjs is having I still get it cheaper on amazon :handsinair:

When I do buy from them I try and wait for the big sale and order a boat load, it cuts down on shipping cause it seems like even if you buy just one item it’s like $25 minimum shipping :surprised:
I spend sometimes months at a time looking for the best price :facepalm: thank god for unlimited internet :cwl:

Just called CJPP and border services. shipping air is cheaper but get dinged at Canada post. Border services told me parts from US made in US have no duty....just HST. I did the math with ground shipping which price includes everything and hen shipped via air and pay extra at Post Office and the latter is cheaper. Shouldn't have to go thru this much crap for some stupid parts..:explode::curse:

Oh well............on the bright side, I am getting more stupid parts...including a Covercraft sunshade with the tribar:handsinair:

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just called CJPP and border services. shipping air is cheaper but get dinged at Canada post. Border services told me parts from US made in US have no duty....just HST. I did the math with ground shipping which price includes everything and hen shipped via air and pay extra at Post Office and the latter is cheaper. Shouldn't have to go thru this much crap for some stupid parts..:explode::curse:

Oh well............on the bright side, I am getting more stupid parts...including a Covercraft sunshade with the tribar:handsinair:
Holly :ontheloo:!
Wow, that’s some great info bud:like:
Like you said, a lot of BS but what can we do eh. We are fans of a car that has more and better resources then where we live:computerrage:

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Holly :ontheloo:!
Wow, that’s some great info bud:like:
Like you said, a lot of BS but what can we do eh. We are fans of a car that has more and better resources then where we live:computerrage:
And I still ended up buying more stuff from AM, just because CJPP didn't carry it...:crazy:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I try..... I really do.:crazy: I was gonna get help for my addiction, but my addiction is cheaper than getting help.:crackup:
:crackup::crackup:

You see, what you need to do is not get bored,see car commercials, surf the web, and most of all, don’t go and sit in the dam garage just looking at her and you might just keep the urge and cost of aftermarket parts down:crazy:

NB
Or this
:ontheloo::ontheloo:

:cwl:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
:crackup::crackup:

You see, what you need to do is not get bored,see car commercials, surf the web, and most of all, don’t go and sit in the dam garage just looking at her and you might just keep the urge and cost of aftermarket parts down:crazy:

NB
Or this
:ontheloo::ontheloo:

:cwl:
I would ask how you know that I go to the garage and just look at her, but I think I already do know.... don’t I?:crazy: :crackup:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Couple of options for bringing stuff in from the US of A.

Maybe look into getting an account with Cross Border Pickups. That'll give you a US address in Niagara Falls, NY. Get your shit shipped there. CBP will clear it through customs without soaking you brokerage fees. You can pick it up at their stores in Mississauga/Markham or they will ship it to you (at current courier rates, not ugly but not free either). It eliminates the ignorantly massive brokerage fees that UPS/FedEx and their ilk charge. You are always going to have to pay the 13% tax on the price converted to Cdn $$$$. Using CBP adds about 3 days to shipping so you don't want to use them if you're in a rush. I got clipped $55 for brokerage fees on a $120 USD part and that was incentive enough to look elsewhere.

Also, there's a guy in Brockville, 2KoolPerformance who can often get stuff very well priced, he lives just over the border and goes over and clears it in himself. I don't live too far from him so I just run down and get it when it's big stuff or he'll ship it to you. Might want to ask him for a quote, I've used him a couple of times and saved significant $$$.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I ordered from CJPP a white Shift knob, sound tube delete kit, and FR Oil separator about 7months ago. Did not get dinged on any duty. Maybe I got lucky? Pretty sure it was shipped UPS. Cant remember didn't save the emails.

Though I ordered FR Track suspension kit 1 year ago from Leavittown Ford and didn't get a brokerage fee till 3 months later in the mail... That was expensive. they used FedEx. Ugh. And I asked about duty fees before i placed my order too. They said shouldn't be any... yeah right! Oh well it was still cheaper than Canadian and any other US online store.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I ordered from CJPP a white Shift knob, sound tube delete kit, and FR Oil separator about 7months ago. Did not get dinged on any duty. Maybe I got lucky? Pretty sure it was shipped UPS. Cant remember didn't save the emails.

Though I ordered FR Track suspension kit 1 year ago from Leavittown Ford and didn't get a brokerage fee till 3 months later in the mail... That was expensive. they used FedEx. Ugh. And I asked about duty fees before i placed my order too. They said shouldn't be any... yeah right! Oh well it was still cheaper than Canadian and any other US online store.
Just got my mailed order from CJ. I was expecting to pay at the post office....,,but nothing. Hopefully I won’t get dinged. Time will tell.

Just checked the box and it was sent UPS and then Canada post.
Sponsored