Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
The cynic in me wonders if they are building cars and parking them waiting for that last chip or two, similar to the F-150 situation. I have zero data to back that up and would also take the "In Production" victory!
it may be that parts....whatever they are, are now available. I've worked in production environment for many years. Not sure how auto manufacturers do it but
I was told 3-4 months in April by my sale guys, which is ending up about right. Some of the cynics really jumped on "up to a year" with these chip delays quickly. The mustang discord called me shitty names for thinking I'd get a car this year.
glass half empty mentality.... I'm just happy to be in the game. 3 months, 6 months....it will go faster than your realize. Also helps to have patience
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
With all these posts today about so many of you getting updates from Ford I keep checking my email and tracking page and still got no production date. So hard to keep being patient after 3 months of waiting.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
The cynic in me wonders if they are building cars and parking them waiting for that last chip or two, similar to the F-150 situation. I have zero data to back that up and would also take the "In Production" victory!
Some place I read that the Flat Rock plant doesn't do builds like that, unfortunately I don't remember where I read that. Maybe this forum.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
With all these posts today about so many of you getting updates from Ford I keep checking my email and tracking page and still got no production date. So hard to keep being patient after 3 months of waiting.
If you have a good relationship with your sales guy, ask them to pull a vehicle visibility report for your order. You'll potentially get an build date or update that hasn't been seen in the customer order tracker. Last email from the tracker I got said first week of July, but visibility tool per sales guy shows 6/25 as build date.

For what its worth, when the 2015's first launched there was a few month quality hold on cars (mine for example was built in early Aug, delivered mid November after it sat in the QC lot). These month delays are hard, but you'll love the car that much more when you get it.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I can only speak for myself, but I think this wait is extra excruciating cuz we're still in a pandemic, and unlike the US, in Canada we're slowly having restrictions removed but there's still not a whole lot to do around here

Sponsored

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I can only speak for myself, but I think this wait is extra excruciating cuz we're still in a pandemic, and unlike the US, in Canada we're slowly having restrictions removed but there's still not a whole lot to do around here
I get it. In Washington state we're just opening for the first time really since March last year. We've been pretty restricted the entire time. The cabin fever is tough.

The Stanley cup playoffs are on, isn't that something to do? Or are you a Leafs fan? /s

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it. In Washington state we're just opening for the first time really since March last year. We've been pretty restricted the entire time. The cabin fever is tough.

The Stanley cup playoffs are on, isn't that something to do? Or are you a Leafs fan? /s
Thankfully I don't like hockey (shocker i know!) so I've been bored and watching NBA haha

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
I just got my email and VIN as well! Build week of Sept 13th! Super stoked!
Is this for a 2021? If so im suprised that they would still be building 2021s at that late date. Wont the 2022s be out by then?

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Is this for a 2021? If so im suprised that they would still be building 2021s at that late date. Wont the 2022s be out by then?
Yep it is for a 21, I guess I didn’t think about the model year switch. It may be one of the last 21s.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So a general question that a lot of us will need to get answered: Some people placed an order and then at some point before taking delivery, Ford raised prices. So when you are able to click the link in the order tracking web page and see your window sticker, does it show the old price that you ordered with, or the new raised price? If the sticker shows the raised price, there should be a strategy to hold Ford accountable and make them sell to the dealer for the price it was originally ordered for. What I don't want is for there to be a little-known process for getting the deal honored under the original pricing that we don't know about. I called Ford Customer Service about this a couple weeks ago and as usual they were useless. My car on Ford build and price is now $2,235 more expensive than it was when I placed the order, and I don't want to walk in cold on delivery day to argue with the dealer about it without having a plan and an answer ahead of time. @Zach@Granger, feel free to chime in!

Sponsored

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
After they update it with "in production" I believe they add a link to see your window sticker.
My current status is " scheduled for production" and gives a date of week of June 28th and has been so for more than a month. The remaining options are "built" and " delivered". Is there a difference between scheduled for production and in production? I assume if there was a change I would have received another email.

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
So a general question that a lot of us will need to get answered: Some people placed an order and then at some point before taking delivery, Ford raised prices. So when you are able to click the link in the order tracking web page and see your window sticker, does it show the old price that you ordered with, or the new raised price? If the sticker shows the raised price, there should be a strategy to hold Ford accountable and make them sell to the dealer for the price it was originally ordered for. What I don't want is for there to be a little-known process for getting the deal honored under the original pricing that we don't know about. I called Ford Customer Service about this a couple weeks ago and as usual they were useless. My car on Ford build and price is now $2,235 more expensive than it was when I placed the order, and I don't want to walk in cold on delivery day to argue with the dealer about it without having a plan and an answer ahead of time. @Zach@Granger, feel free to chime in!
Dont know what documents you received when you ordered but my paperwork shows MSRP and agreed price. I would think that is a binding document and selling agent must offer the delivered vehicle at that price.
To take the senario even farther im seeing people saying they are receiving build dates into mid September. I would think that if they have a contract for a 2021 and they cannot get a 2021 and are forced to accept a 2022 that Ford would have to honor the agreed price of the 2021 vehicle.
After all if Ford doubled the price of a vehicle between time one ordered and they delivered the vehicle, would you be expected to pay twice as much?
To simplify the senario if one went to a steak restaurant and order a steak dinner for $30.00. After ordering the restaraunt had problems in the kitchen and finally delivered your dinner two hours later. Then the bill comes and waiter says, oh yah we had to raise the price to $50.00 to pay for the repair to our equipment. How would that fly?

Last edited:

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent question, but correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that would make much difference. MSRP is simply a suggested price, but the contract you signed at the time of ordering locks you in for the negotiated price, terms, interest rates etc.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Dont know what documents you received when you ordered but my paperwork shows MSRP and agreed price. I would think that is a binding document and selling agent must offer th e delivered vehicle at that price.
Excellent question, but correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that would make much difference. MSRP is simply a suggested price, but the contract you signed at the time of ordering locks you in for the negotiated price, terms, interest rates etc.
Here's the argument I don't want to get into with the dealer on delivery day:

When I ordered the agreement was to sell the car for 2% UNDER INVOICE PRICE.

After placing the order, Ford raised prices - BOTH THE MSRP AND THE INVOICE PRICE.

So my 2% under invoice on the day of the order was $55,028, but on delivery day it may be something like $57,000. I don't want to, and shouldn't have to, pay the extra $2,000 since Ford changed the rules on us. And the dealer shouldn't be stiffed by Ford like that either. So again, there has to be some kind of process by which Ford honors both the invoice and MSRP of cars ordered before they raised prices. And the first clue that they may try to make us pay more will be seeing our window stickers on the order tracking website well before delivery day.

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Its simple. I have a document that shows an agreed price that I obtained the day I ordered my car. That document is a binding contract for that dealer to provide you with the vehicle described in that document for the price agreed upon in that document.
Now I assume there could be a few circumstances where that contract would not be honored such as Ford goes out of business, the factory burns down or even possibly you decide not to accept the vehicle after it is built and delivered however you may forfeit any monies paid to that point.
Sponsored