Ordered cars

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Has anyone actually canceled their order? I'm weighing my options and considering buying a used c7 vette instead.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Has anyone actually canceled their order? I'm weighing my options and considering buying a used c7 vette instead.
Remind us what you ordered?

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Just spoke to my sales guy and he tracked my VIN....it's updated (for now) with build date June 18th (fingers crossed it stays or gets moved up if anything). I ordered March 6th.
At least you guys in the States actully get information back from Ford, here in Australia you get absolutlely nothing.
Order mine 4th JAN 2021, got a VIN Number in April with an estimated arrival date 07-AUG-2021 and then nothing.
With Flat Rock shutting down for 6 weeks, not expecting to see it anytime soon.
I have to get my informtion reading online articles and this website.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Thinking about cancelling but just because my dealer is being a d-bag, if I do cancel I'll just reorder from Granger.
I canceled my order because another dealer had what I wanted on the lot. Plus I was getting no info from them.

Sponsored

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I canceled my order because another dealer had what I wanted on the lot. Plus I was getting no info from them.
I wouldn't be surprised if many are considering or actually are canceling now.

You would also think dealers are wanting this due to how much these cars are going for lately.

I'm leaning 90% towards the C7 right now.

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I'm in the same boat as everyone. Ordered 3/15. No idea of a build date or any communication

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
At least you guys in the States actully get information back from Ford, here in Australia you get absolutlely nothing.
Order mine 4th JAN 2021, got a VIN Number in April with an estimated arrival date 07-AUG-2021 and then nothing.
With Flat Rock shutting down for 6 weeks, not expecting to see it anytime soon.
I have to get my informtion reading online articles and this website.
Well just got an email from my local Ford dealer....... Not Good News.

"The following car has been flagged as delayed production - A total of 511 dealer units have been affected - 3TWN - ACCADIA - Mustang - Plant closure due to semiconductor supply constraints delayed production

Unfortunately what we were concerned about has happened, this means that the previous ETA of August has changed and at this point in time I do not have any update in relation to time of arrival. "

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
I ordered in April, got an email from Ford on 28 April saying it is in production (which i understand its their production system, not the production line). Dealer has no further details other than delays due to semi conductors etc. I donā€™t have a VIN or an ETA.

Not sure I will even get it in 2021 now. Maybe it will roll into a 2022 model year now. I wonder what changes might be planned for 2022 lol.
Is 2022 MY going to revert to later this year like previous MY changes, or will the changeover stay in January like it was for 2021 MY?

I am not in a massive hurry as i have another car to get around in, but since i finally decided to get the Mustang, i am now pretty keen to get hold of it.

I have purchased a few add-ons/mods, nothing major at this point thankfully. Will order wheels, exhaust and Magneride handling pack once i have a confirmed delivery date. Although if it starts to push very late in the year it might pay to see if there are any changes for 2022 and change my order to that depending on the timing.

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
I ordered in April, got an email from Ford on 28 April saying it is in production (which i understand its their production system, not the production line). Dealer has no further details other than delays due to semi conductors etc. I donā€™t have a VIN or an ETA.

Not sure I will even get it in 2021 now. Maybe it will roll into a 2022 model year now. I wonder what changes might be planned for 2022 lol.
Is 2022 MY going to revert to later this year like previous MY changes, or will the changeover stay in January like it was for 2021 MY?

I am not in a massive hurry as i have another car to get around in, but since i finally decided to get the Mustang, i am now pretty keen to get hold of it.

I have purchased a few add-ons/mods, nothing major at this point thankfully. Will order wheels, exhaust and Magneride handling pack once i have a confirmed delivery date. Although if it starts to push very late in the year it might pay to see if there are any changes for 2022 and change my order to that depending on the timing.
Yes, have been doing the same, buying add-on's.
Was going to order the Spare/Space Saver Tyre as well.
But it could well be 2022 by the time it gets here.

Have my wife's small SUV, plus my 1966 Triumph Spitfire to keep me amused.

Sponsored

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Checked the ford online vehicle status yesterday and it moved my delivery date from 7/23/21 up to 7/18/21. Called my dealer and he told me my car is supposed to be built on 6/28.

ChiefTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mustang GT, 2006 F250 SD
My order was placed on May 1st knowing darn well there were going to be long delays. Guess Iā€™m just a glutton for punishment.

GT Premium A10
Velocity Blue
401a
Black Accent Package
Active Valve Exhaust

Yoyofourme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicle(s)
2004 convertible, 2021 ecoboost convertible
Just noticed that flat rock now closed an extra week, closed week of June 7. thinking of cancelling!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Just noticed that flat rock now closed an extra week, closed week of June 7. thinking of cancelling!
If that's true, then for the first time I'm glad to be scheduled for the week of June 21 instead of June 14. Can't see those assembly workers being in game shape after being off for 6-7 weeks.

Last edited:

ChiefTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mustang GT, 2006 F250 SD
Iā€™m just hoping to see the vehicle this year, even if it ends up being a Christmas present to myself šŸ˜…
Sponsored